? servers

? players online

[JB] Primaries being KOS when order to leave area with gun is given

• Content Count:  113

This happened today on JB on electric. All Ts were in iso, one player had a USP and was shooting at Ts. A CT that tried to kill him died and dropped his nova in iso, another player picked it up, then dropped it and I caught it. I NEVER took a shot with it. One CT gave the order, in these exact words, "if you are a T with a weapon and you would like freeday, take a step out of iso with your gun and throw it towards sauna." I had the nova, I walked out when the door was opened with it NOT in my hands, and was immediately shot by a CT. This CT said, in his exact words, "whoh dude, that's a primary. Let's change that to anyone with a secondary step out of iso." Is that BS or not? I'm honestly not sure myself, but I was given a direct order to follow a task, I did it to a T, and was killed while fulfilling that order.

• Content Count:  958

its a dick move in this scenario but the rules pretty clear that all primaries are KOS no matter what. its up to CTs to allow who gets pardoned and in what situations. these situations with people being gunplanted and killed for it have been a thing for a while. if you happen to get stricter CTs, “oh well theres always next round” is the most that can really be done. CTs do not have to respect pardons so it all comes down to what kind of CTs you get.

• Content Count:  1469

Having a primary means that you are KOS, him saying that he will allow you to live is a pardon and the rules state:

• CTs do not have to honor pardons or promises to rebelling Ts.

If the person has a secondary, steps out and no CT saw the guy shooting or holding the gun out for a long period of time then he can't be killed, since they don't know whether or not he got passed the secondary from another T that was shooting or holding out the gun

• Content Count:  1987

This was discussed here.

Very unfortunate situation however there's no real way to go about solving this. Primaries will always be KOS and to create a small time frame to allow the T to drop it can be a the result of dead CTs.

• Rebelling is when a prisoner: picks up a primary weapon, draws/equips a pistol/zeus, harms/kills a CT, breaks out of a cell, blatantly disobeys or enters a KOS zone:

• CTs do not have to honor pardons or promises to rebelling Ts.
Edited by Trazz

• Content Count:  701

Primaries will always be KOS and to create a small time frame to allow the T to drop it can be a the result of dead CTs.

Just to add on to this a little bit, if a small time frame were to be added, for example: 1 second, in that one second a T can pull out the primary and start shooting at the ct, thus killing them. It can also cause confusing because if you have played jailbreak enough you will have that mindset that if a t picks up a primary you kill them immediately. This can also be abused because people can transport a primary weapon across the map without being killed because they are picking it up and dropping it repeatedly.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  160

"whoh dude, that's a primary. Let's change that to anyone with a secondary step out of iso." Is that BS or not? I'm honestly not sure myself, but I was given a direct order to follow a task, I did it to a T, and was killed while fulfilling that order.

Lmao he probably meant secondary but worded it shitty, but I'd be pretty mad if that happened to me too

Just to add on to this a little bit, if a small time frame were to be added, for example: 1 second, in that one second a T can pull out the primary and start shooting at the ct, thus killing them. It can also cause confusing because if you have played jailbreak enough you will have that mindset that if a t picks up a primary you kill them immediately. This can also be abused because people can transport a primary weapon across the map without being killed because they are picking it up and dropping it repeatedly.

Didn't even consider this. I don't see a foreseeable solution to running into a weapon.

However I would like to see some kind of rule that allows a t to drop a weapon after it is dropped to him from a teammate who has died next to him. It is literally impossible to avoid picking up a weapon in big cage if the guy you're next to on boxes releases it postmortem. It never seems fair to annihilate 7 players because one had a mac-10, so personally I never do, but again it just comes down to who's on the CT side, and how shitty a day they're having. The best thing I can think of is a very specific rule that is bound to get skewed, but maybe:

"If a t has a primary dropped to him postmortem of one of his teammates and it is still on his back, he can be allowed to drop it away from his team"

Thoughts? We could also have some rule where if he drops it towards his team he can be warning shot, but not killed, or something of the like. @Casual @Dominic @Poke

• Content Count:  1920

This happened today on JB on electric. All Ts were in iso, one player had a USP and was shooting at Ts. A CT that tried to kill him died and dropped his nova in iso, another player picked it up, then dropped it and I caught it. I NEVER took a shot with it. One CT gave the order, in these exact words, "if you are a T with a weapon and you would like freeday, take a step out of iso with your gun and throw it towards sauna." I had the nova, I walked out when the door was opened with it NOT in my hands, and was immediately shot by a CT. This CT said, in his exact words, "whoh dude, that's a primary.

This is, without doubt, a shitty situation and kind of a dick move by the CT involved, but at the same time, no one ever said you had to listen to that order. Since you had a primary, you were KOS and at that point should have just stayed in iso and tried to kill CTs or had thrown your gun to a teammate (imo). But in fairness to the CT, you were KOS since you had a primary and that's the hard truth.

However I would like to see some kind of rule that allows a t to drop a weapon after it is dropped to him from a teammate who has died next to him. It is literally impossible to avoid picking up a weapon in big cage if the guy you're next to on boxes releases it postmortem. It never seems fair to annihilate 7 players because one had a mac-10, so personally I never do, but again it just comes down to who's on the CT side, and how shitty a day they're having. The best thing I can think of is a very specific rule that is bound to get skewed, but maybe:

"If a t has a primary dropped to him postmortem of one of his teammates and it is still on his back, he can be allowed to drop it away from his team"

For how nice this would be on paper, it brings up essentially the same issue discussed in this thread. It's really one of those things that's solid on paper but faulty in practice because it creates so much of a grey area. Not only this, but it does give more of an advantage to Ts where they currently already have such an advantage. If this rule were implemented there would be people who use this to their advantage both to live and to rebel. It also opens the avenue of "oh you didn't give the dude long enough", and it's unfortunate because this is an issue but finding a solution that would be foolproof is nearly impossible.

Mind you, these are my personal thoughts. Also, I'm unsure of why you tagged the people you did, but if you wanted to tag the current JB ATs, they are @fantastic, @Military_king, and @idealist.

• Content Count:  555

"If a t has a primary dropped to him postmortem of one of his teammates and it is still on his back, he can be allowed to drop it away from his team

While the rule sounds good on paper, I think it will only cause confusion when trying to figure out situations that include being killed with a primary. There is never going to be a perfect rule that balances this and the current rule is probably the best possible solution to it. It sucks when you get killed for having a primary dropped on you but it’s better to find out if you have ever picked up a primary rather than arguing with an angry t over if they had it on their back for x seconds and what their intentions were because anyone can fabricate that.

• Content Count:  5375

This thread again.....

You had a primary. You're KOS. Yes it is unfortunate that the CT played you like that. No it is not currently against the rules. Yes, were aware that this seems to be a hot button issue for jailbreak. No, we do not have any current plans to change rules regarding primary's.

Any sort of rule that requires the CT to wait while Ts have primary's is not going to happen.

• Like 7

Reply to Thread