Map Suggestion

Full map name

Ba_Jail_Canyondam_GO

Type of map

Jailbreak

Link to map download

@TheZZL for catching the updated version

Additional Information

The map is kind of big, but @Auto and I looked at it for a good 30 minutes and got a good grasp of it. After some time, I think people would learn how to play the map effectively. There's a lot of secrets, but it gets balanced out by the multitude of spots the CT's can enforce at. Also, there is a lot of minigames including boat wars! Jb needs more maps.

Things to do

Armory: 15 CT spawns

Cellblock: 6 big cells & 12 small cells

Main hall: 2 minigames & access to dam tunnels

Medic

Minigames: Choose Your Couch, Box Race, Sky Race, Shoot 'Em Up, Boat Wars and Dodge the Box!

Basketball

Theater

Dam tunnels: 2 exits & control room

And a crapload of other stuff

A lot of Secrets

Screenshots attached

Yes

• Like 5

• Content Count:  3294

Just wanted to point out a few things I noticed while playing through the map:

Choose your couch, Box Race, Sky Race, and Dodge the Box are the death games on the map

The vent system connects main cells, to the third bottom cell, to the basketball court.

-We have a vent in the top-left cell, which doesn't actually lead to anywhere.

The maps got a few good secrets, but overall they're kind of hard to find out.

- There's a teleport in main cell that'll give you an AWP and TP you over sky race, but I don't know how to get to it (This can also sometimes kill you).

- There's also a teleport at the end of the boat race which can give you an UMP and teleport you into the showers near dodge the box (Deathcrate).

- You access this by jumping over the fence using the three boxes next to each other.

Overall not a bad map, but I found a better version edited on the steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=930454934&searchtext=canyondam

Just wanted to add your screenshots are of the newer map, but the link is of the older map. I was only able to get to the newer map through a workshop download, so I don't know if it'll work with the server or not.

This version of the map greatly increases the amount of things to do, and adds a lot more secrets.

Here is the changelog: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/930454934

To start with the location additions:

A soccer field has been added on the roof of the box race minigame

- A concern that may come with this are the glass roofs very close to the soccer pitch, which would have a lot of rebelling T's dropping down

Colors has been added

- Climb the ladder to the roof to start it, it's labeled "Simon"

Sky Race/Climb is no longer a death game

- A teleport has been added for the CT's to be able to watch the T's while they participate

Dodge the box (Death crate) has been replaced with a disco/pool

Catwalks in maincell have been extended.

-Two boxes have been added near the tunnel/extension near race in order to access the catwalk.

The T armory door (Underneath armory) is now accessible to everyone, and contains four boxes of tactical awareness grenades and health shots.

Vent additions:

The vents in the top left cell now contain an exit to the roof and a pistol with a tactical awareness grenade.

The vent hub (The location where the main vents meet) now contains a five seven, MP7, two health shots, two tactical awareness grenades, and a smoke.

- Entrances of these vents are:

- Basketball floor vent

- Maincell vent in between lunch tables

- Third bottom cell from the left

The fifth cell from the right (8th from the left) now contains a vent leading to a room (There is a USP in the main vent).

- This room there are two vents leading to the water of boat race

- A "mini vent" containing a health shot, zeus, and tactical awareness grenade.

- This vent connects to the theatre hallway vent.

Weapon secrets:

Incendiary grenade on the forklift near Race

Scout by the door of the top part of the outside electricity transformer (thing)

- Surf to get down/survive

Smoke given at the end of Climb/SkyRace

M4A1S and a two Medi-Shots given at the back of colors (Follow the arrow)

UMP, USP, and Medi-Shot given at the end of the boat race (Use the boxes to jump over the fence and fight the currents)

R8 spawn on the top of the dam, use the elevator to gain access (See Dam access notes)

- Take the first right once you're off the elevator, you can surf down to survive

Deagle spawn in the most eastern control room

- Once off the elevator take your first left into the mini-control room

MP9 and CZ Spawn on the top right corner of the roof of Shoot 'EM Up

Scout spawn on the top left corner of the Colors/Simon roof (Near/Above the M4A1S)

Scout and medi-shot spawn near the forklift and pallets inside the elevator/generator hallway

Zeus spawn off of the right of the Climb spawn entrance

- Walk through the climb entrance portal, go towards the right back-side of the exit portal

- Behind the singular cactus

Map Features:

Cells auto-open after 45 Seconds

Announcements in chat for mini-games and death games (Enabling and Disabling)

Cells do not close

S4S Location

Colors

Soccer

Climb

Shoot 'Em Up (Who can shoot out a texture first, it is a protected enclosed environment that takes away the person's Deagle [bug free!])

Box-Race

Boat Race

- Boat Race contains a strong current in the water (For the secret)

Fish tanks with goldfish added in main cell along with turtles that fly on hitbox contact

Map generally contains a lot of moveable objects and breakable boxes/tables (Something @Greggy G would love)

Tons of surfable grounds

Elevator

-Contains a box and vent you can use to get on the roof of the elevator

Teleport near the exit of armory which will teleport you infront of soccer.

-Exit teleport will do the same aswell

Multiple glass roofs that can be broken and dropped down into

Dam Access:

Accessible through a door blocked by breakable wood plank textures

- Textures only breakable about 20-30 seconds into the round

- Located next to armory exit

Shows generators, and elevator access to the top of the dam

Control rooms, three access points to look out on top of the map

-One near climb/SkyRace

- One near Shoot 'Em Up/Transformers

- One at the top of the "water slide"

Cell Grenade/pistol spawns:

Bottom 4th cell from the left grenade spawn

Top First cell from the left medi-shot spawn and the vent

Top 4th cell from the left HE and Incendiary grenade spawn

Third bottom cell from the left vent spawn

The bottom fifth cell from the right (8th from the left) vent spawn

Suggested Additions:

Add a recall button to Race

Lower music sounds

- Music played in disco can be heard all around the map (Take it in your own perspective good/bad)

Personal Thoughts:

Overall I really enjoyed playing around on this map. It's extensive secrets and teleports (Some I've yet to discover I believe) are awesome, and if we were to link this thread to regulars they'd enjoy the map. A lot of pushback that comes with a new map is having to go through learning new secrets and gun locations, but this map has it all. There are dozens of gun locations sputtered throughout the map, so you are bound to stumble across one. Rebelling, something our server loves, is also something that new maps need to be able to handle well. I believe this map does it pretty well. It's got two vent systems that spawn inside of cells, and each have multiple areas to exit from (Which would make CT's have to up their game when it comes to fighting rebelling). I think the only problems this map would have are; Rounds dragging on due to players not finding each other, or this map being played with ~10 people.

Edit: I think this map will prove to be a great challenge for our good CT's, and a good time for our T's who love rebelling. The map, like stated multiple times, has many good opportunities for rebelling which would make people enjoy the map. If this map is going to be tested live on the server, please let me know when because I would love to play on it with the whole server (Whether it gets added finally or not).

@fantastic @idealist @Military_king :rolleyes:

Fantastic I just really hope this map isn’t too large too...

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  346

So I originally posted a gamebanana link not realizing it wasn't the updated version, and @TheZZL pointed it out to me and I edited the post, but the old version was added to the server. So if it could be updated to that one it would be great. The correct one is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=930454934&searchtext=canyondam

it has stuff fixed and more stuff added. so uh sorry.

• Like 1

So I originally posted a gamebanana link not realizing it wasn't the updated version, and @TheZZL pointed it out to me and I edited the post, but the old version was added to the server. So if it could be updated to that one it would be great. The correct one is https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=930454934&searchtext=canyondam

it has stuff fixed and more stuff added. so uh sorry.

The updated version of the map also includes 10x more secrets. Thanks guys!

@fantastic @Military_king @idealist

Oh damn I was hoping you'd have a list of the secrets on this new version of this map

That is the version of the map I linked:

Overall not a bad map, but I found a better version edited on the steam workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=930454934&searchtext=canyondam

Just wanted to add your screenshots are of the newer map, but the link is of the older map. I was only able to get to the newer map through a workshop download, so I don't know if it'll work with the server or not.

This version of the map greatly increases the amount of things to do, and adds a lot more secrets.

Here is the changelog: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/changelog/930454934

The original map, the one @frankie linked originally then removed, does not have as many secrets nor locations. The map I made the essay about is the map with the added locations and the "10x as many secrets".

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL