Chad.
    Ok Boomer

Wireless Headsets

So, my WIRED headset just broke and I think it's time I just go wireless. I can't stand the wires getting tangled together and slowly ripping off the wire protection coating on it.

Looking for probably 70 dollars or less, but the max would be around $100. Can anyone link/tell me their wireless headset and how you would rate it? Rather get info off of what you guys have experienced then just wing it on a headset.

(Good quality sound, i dont need the microphone)

Noxstar
    Modder

Should probably move this to tech talk and since I don't know much about wireless headsets, I can probably recommend watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RODsfFZIgE8 and seeing which one you like.

Phoenix_
    Community Advisor

I use these. They're really good if you're willing to pay the price. I haven't really utilized the microphone but from the testing I did with it, it wasn't too shabby.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix_ For This Useful Post:
    Chad. (11-07-2019)

Chad.
    Ok Boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_ View Post
    I use these. They're really good if you're willing to pay the price. I haven't really utilized the microphone but from the testing I did with it, it wasn't too shabby.
    I would have to wait till black friday to buy something like these. I love amazing headsets, but until a sale goes on, it's not worth the money at the moment.

EvilEye
    SG Member
    You should probably get another wired headset due to them being cheaper for better sound quality and having no need for a battery. But if you really want a wireless headset, I'd recommend these https://amzn.to/36Lrgtw.

The lowest I would go for a wireless headset would be $100

Gentoo
    Bowlcut Trimmer
    As someone who has been using wireless headphones for over a year, they're dogshit. They're heavy, sound bad, and you'll forget to charge then and have to plug them in anyways. Dish out some cash for some Arctis Pros if you want a good wireless experience, or even get some wireless earbuds if you have a desk mic. Alternatively, try to go for some better cable management and you'll get much better sound out of wired headphones (with or without a DAC/AMP) for less.

I've been using the Void Pro Wireless and I rate them 4/10, ordering some 599s and an AE-7 once I've saved up.

Chad.
    Ok Boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    As someone who has been using wireless headphones for over a year, they're dogshit. They're heavy, sound bad, and you'll forget to charge then and have to plug them in anyways. Dish out some cash for some Arctis Pros if you want a good wireless experience, or even get some wireless earbuds if you have a desk mic. Alternatively, try to go for some better cable management and you'll get much better sound out of wired headphones (with or without a DAC/AMP) for less.

I've been using the Void Pro Wireless and I rate them 4/10, ordering some 599s and an AE-7 once I've saved up.

You're definitively right on the cable management part. I'll do some research on how to do it properly. I think that's my issue. I just let the wire hang and do whatever it wants, but I need to find a way to keep it straight and not intertwining with itself.

WriteX
    Honorable Gamer
    I've got the Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless. They're pretty good.
    Might be a bit out of your price range but I don't think you will find anything satisfactory at a lower price point.

EDIT: On a second note... They're not that far off of $100 right now depending on where you look. https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-L...3253752&sr=8-3