? servers

? players online

Wireless Headsets

• Content Count:  927

So, my WIRED headset just broke and I think it's time I just go wireless. I can't stand the wires getting tangled together and slowly ripping off the wire protection coating on it.

Looking for probably 70 dollars or less, but the max would be around $100. Can anyone link/tell me their wireless headset and how you would rate it? Rather get info off of what you guys have experienced then just wing it on a headset.

(Good quality sound, i dont need the microphone)

• Like 1

I use these. They're really good if you're willing to pay the price. I haven't really utilized the microphone but from the testing I did with it, it wasn't too shabby.

I would have to wait till black friday to buy something like these. I love amazing headsets, but until a sale goes on, it's not worth the money at the moment.

• Content Count:  1583

As someone who has been using wireless headphones for over a year, they're dogshit. They're heavy, sound bad, and you'll forget to charge then and have to plug them in anyways. Dish out some cash for some Arctis Pros if you want a good wireless experience, or even get some wireless earbuds if you have a desk mic. Alternatively, try to go for some better cable management and you'll get much better sound out of wired headphones (with or without a DAC/AMP) for less.

I've been using the Void Pro Wireless and I rate them 4/10, ordering some 599s and an AE-7 once I've saved up.

As someone who has been using wireless headphones for over a year, they're dogshit. They're heavy, sound bad, and you'll forget to charge then and have to plug them in anyways. Dish out some cash for some Arctis Pros if you want a good wireless experience, or even get some wireless earbuds if you have a desk mic. Alternatively, try to go for some better cable management and you'll get much better sound out of wired headphones (with or without a DAC/AMP) for less.

I've been using the Void Pro Wireless and I rate them 4/10, ordering some 599s and an AE-7 once I've saved up.

You're definitively right on the cable management part. I'll do some research on how to do it properly. I think that's my issue. I just let the wire hang and do whatever it wants, but I need to find a way to keep it straight and not intertwining with itself.

• Content Count:  535

I've got the Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless. They're pretty good.

Might be a bit out of your price range but I don't think you will find anything satisfactory at a lower price point.

EDIT: On a second note... They're not that far off of $100 right now depending on where you look. https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Lossless-Wireless-Headset-Headphone/dp/B07FZVXS8H/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=arctis+7+wireless&qid=1573253752&sr=8-3

Edited by WriteX

• Content Count:  6759

I felt the same about getting tired of wired so I got the Logitech G933 Snow Edition 3 years ago. I like it for the surround sound and because I can hook it up to my android box to watch TV thanks to the USB dongle, but over time I got a bit annoyed with the fact that this headset is a bit heavier than I expected since the battery in the right ear adds weight. It's also caused me issues such as a firmware brick, which I was covered by warranty for a new replacement, and now I experienced a loose power switch which I fixed on my own because the warranty has long expired. As much as I've enjoyed having a wireless headset for the surround sound for listening music or watching movies, it's also had it's own flaws that caused me some grief.

Pros:

- Wireless

- Surround Sound

- Multiple platform devices supported

Cons:

- Heavy on the head due to weight

- Faulty power switch

- Sometimes annoying how often I have to charge it

- Possible firmware brick if not updated in proper steps

I'm not sure how the other Logitech wireless headsets are but I would say stray away from the G933 for the problems I've dealt with. The only other person I know that uses it is Malibu (he has the black one) but I dunno if he had issues. There is an updated version of G933, like G633 I believe, but again I'd recommend you do the research on that. As much as I like having wireless headsets for gaming, I'm definitely going back to wired after this one is officially no longer functional for me, and I think I'll end up with a Sennheiser G4ME ZERO as the next one.

Edited by Black Rain
i wasnt drunk i swear

Reply to Thread