Tagwrack
    SG Regular

Overwatch 2

So blizzard announced overwatch 2 and here are my initial thoughts:

Characters:
    So i really haven't seen most of the new characters seeing as they have not all been released yet but the one chick that i saw looks really similar to fi from skyward swords. They made a whole new ui for basically everything from the character pick selections and new home screen. They really changed some of the characters into a better looking design. (If u want to see all they changed for the characters check this out )

Gameplay:
    The new gamemode called "Push" is just replacing capture the flag with a big ass robot. This is probably one of the worse things i've seen just because of the fact that now instead players battling over a position and the other team defending it it's really just both teams fighting over a giant ass robot. From what i've seen from the new gameplay from XQC it really is less versatile for when the original ctf you were able to communicate as a team for example when people jumped over the river with winston in volskaya industries now its players rushing to see how far that robot goes on the other teams side. I really don't know what the checkpoints do there really just there not adding anything to the game. Full example of what the gamemode is about .

Story mode:
    Story mode was not shown to much and from what i previously remember from old overwatch story mode it might just be like one of the coop missions they added for the old overwatch. There also is a big customisation for this story mode and u can level up your characters to have added skills to make the story easier. The story is based on fighting the omnic the enemies of the world and why overwatch assembled in the first place.

Competitive:
    Competitive seems to be staying the same with added maps, a new gamemode and new characters. The esport side of things might change and teams will really have to adapt to the new maps and how "Push" will work.

Maps:
    They currently added i think 2 new maps that they shown: Toronto and some other one...
    overwatch-2.jpg ow24.jpg

Overall Overwatch 2 is really just a expansion and the new ui design makes the game more modern.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tagwrack For This Useful Post:
    Monny (11-08-2019)

BoM
    I'm not sure I would consider a full character/UI overhaul with a leveling system and a talent/move picker, story mode, hero missions, new game mode(s), new maps, new characters, and basically a huge orientation towards laced in PVE content 'just a expansion'.

Personally, I'm pretty excited, Overwatch has a lot of good about it, but it always missed the mark on having enough content to keep me interested. It looks like they're trying to bring more reason for you to keep playing and keep grinding. I do hope they carry over some of the achievements / progress/ skins people have gotten, or else that's a lot of money people spent (potentially) recently that is just being thrown away.

This is Blizzard's way of improving on the game for those like me who perhaps lost interest due to stale content, as well as keep those who currently enjoy the game still playing. As Overwatch was probably one of the most fun and hyped games (in recent history) on launch, I look forward to seeing this one come out.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BoM For This Useful Post:
    Kieran (11-06-2019), Noxstar (11-07-2019), ThRza (11-07-2019)

kennyy
    BOT_kennyS

I would consider ow 2 more like a dlc or something as it does add a lot of stuff but not stuff that would require a new game to be as they will add all the new maps characters and everything to original ow too the only difference will be that original ow players wouldn’t get the pve, so I think its more like am add on

BoM
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyy View Post
    I would consider ow 2 more like a dlc or something as it does add a lot of stuff but not stuff that would require a new game to be as they will add all the new maps characters and everything to original ow too the only difference will be that original ow players wouldn’t get the pve, so I think its more like am add on
    Has that actually been said or is it just speculation? To design and balance new characters both with and without a talent system sounds like a massive headache.

Idk if you guys are new to the Blizzard game style, but releasing a '2' of a game has never just been an expansion or a dlc. It's always been a really big deal, and I can almost guarantee this will be the same. Feels like you guys are heavily downplaying the PVE style both from an in game and character perspective.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BoM For This Useful Post:
    Monny (11-08-2019)

Tagwrack
    SG Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post

Idk if you guys are new to the Blizzard game style, but releasing a '2' of a game has never just been an expansion or a dlc. It's always been a really big deal, and I can almost guarantee this will be the same. Feels like you guys are heavily downplaying the PVE style both from an in game and character perspective.
    Your saying this yet how many new world of warcrafts have there been that are expansions but are HUGE expansions seven and they offer new level cap while changing characters and classes and new zones and dungeons. Take diablo for example, there are 4 games and each one has a whole new story and new characters. Also, if this was a expansion it would not take your old comp rank, old levels and old cosmetics. Like i said diablo changes and does not bring back old cosmetic buys. So um not sure who know Blizzards game style.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tagwrack For This Useful Post:
    Monny (11-08-2019)

kennyy
    BOT_kennyS

Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post
    Has that actually been said or is it just speculation? To design and balance new characters both with and without a talent system sounds like a massive headache.

Yes to answer your question blizzard did confirm that most of the ow 2 stuff will be added to regular ow like maps, heroes and other stuff only that probably will not come to regular ow is the PVE. As a side note they also confirmed that all cosmetics will be transferring to ow2 from your ow account in case you buy it.