? servers

? players online

[JB] Increasing Limits on Joining CT Side

• Content Count:  1469

@TheZZL you didn't read this part

"Your experiment doesn't say much at all as some people are just naturally better at CSGO than others and some maps are harder to rebel than others. If there were more requirements to join CT, some players will get bored of trying to meet the requirements to join CT and leave as they have prior knowledge about the game on other servers or watched videos of it on a video streaming website and would just like to see how CT works on this server."

• Like 1

• Content Count:  223

The OP is talking about adding a point requirement, which is something none of you acknowledged in your responses. @Trazz was the one to bring up changing the timer to time spent alive.

Getting points is not as easy and especially not easy to someone that just joined jb to have fun. Sure there are many people that troll around on ct without having a grasp of all the rules but some people that just joined the server would not have a overall fun time and would probably leave seeing how they cant join a certain team. Think about it this way if a random player wanted to play a jb server but they are locked from playing one side and it says "You must have 25 points to join the ct side" but they can't even rebel because of how little they know of the maps and secrets.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  590

30 minutes isn't even a full map (if extended twice) and I can guarantee you that 30 minutes isn't enough for a player to learn the rules. I know we don't want to drive new players away but most of the people that break the rules on CT are because they don't actually know the rules. If you make the requirement little bit longer, say like an hour, whether the players don't care or not they'll figure out the rules at least a lot more. I don't think we should go through with the point requirement because all that's doing is punishing bad players. 25 points is a ton, I see people on T only getting 1-2 kills and if you do the math, that's 12-13 maps.

• Content Count:  2342

After discussion with the myself and the other JB managers, we have decided that we will not currently increase the CT lockout timer or implement a t point system to join CT.

Nonetheless, thanks for the post!

To go into more reasoning:

1. CT lockout times are completely arbitrary. There are arguments for 30 minutes, 30 minutes alive, 1 hour, etc. But this lockout time is not meant to ensure Ts fully know the rules before joining CT. I doubt people know the full ruleset and nuances even with 6 hours on the server. Basic rules and intuition should be established by the time 30 minutes is up - that is, "do not kill without reason", "give warning shots where applicable". With this basic intuition instilled in the player they can then join CT and try it out with players correcting them when they fuck up. You learn best when you jump right into the experience. Admins and players alike are here to help new players learn the rules and enjoy JB. If there are any malicious actors, they'll be taken care of (:

2. T point system to join CT doesn't seem to feasible in practice. For some players 25 kills/points/whatever may take a long time. For others it may take 15 minutes. Because of the inconsistent player experience this change may bring we've decided to keep our current course with regards to our CT lockout time.

CT lockout times have been debated quite frequently recently. I encourage everyone to take a look at past discussions and see what was brought up and rejected already before creating more threads like this. @TheZZL has done a good job of researching+introducing new points, and although rejected, it brought up great discussion in the community and at the higher-up level. Thanks for the thread. Believe us - we feel your frustration, and although this suggestion isn't the avenue we chose to deal with this problem, we do have things in the works that may address this.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread