? servers

? players online

[JB] Increasing Limits on Joining CT Side

• Content Count:  3294

Currently, we have a thirty-minute timer to join CT side, and in my opinion, that's not enough. In this post I had brought up an idea that @Daft and @codez had talked about in-game, but it was ignored. The idea was to base the requirements to join CT side off of points and not time played. I elaborated on the idea, and thought we should keep both.

Today I went online a fresh account to see how many points I could rack up in that thirty minutes. I spent a lot of the time getting freekilled, or dying early, but I was genuinely trying to get kills. In the end, these were my results:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20564[/ATTACH]

I was only able to get eight points because I spent a large chunk of my time dead. However, I was still able to join CT side later. I think we should introduce a time limit, and a point limit. You should have to have at least 25 points+ (killed CT's) and over thirty minutes of playtime. If we could also tell the player who attempted to join CT side however many points they have left to join in chat, I think it would definitely help a lot. 25 points doesn't seem like a lot to get, so I believe that would be the more realistic number.

To address the topic of players getting bored and leaving the server, twenty-five kills isn't a lot to ask for. That would require a map and a half of gameplay. In Jailbreak's current state players spend less time having fun and learning, and more time being free killed or under strict rule. This makes it harder for T's to genuinely learn rules, and the thirty-minute timer turns into a useless countdown clock.

Edited by John

• Content Count:  958

ive been pushing to add more “security” to joining ct for a while now. ive always thought it should be more of increasing the time required rather than making it killed based because some players arent as good at the game and it can be much harder for them to get kills if they dont know secrets or have map awareness. however, a lot of the new players that join ct and end up breaking rules tend to have 0 points.

you said you got 8 points in 30min of playing so im not sure how you expect players to get 25 in a map and a half. i believe the standard timer for a map is 15 or 20min unless it gets extended. i could be wrong about that but it’s definitely not more than 30min per map. going off your 8 kills/30min (yes i know this is 1 test result so it doesnt really mean anything but i have not been hired by SG to be on the analytics team and run tests with 100 people yet so this is all ive got.) it would take you about 94min to get those 25 points. there are obviously many factors to consider such as the map itself, ct strictness, your knowledge of secrets and overall skill etc. so i think its safe to assume it would take longer for the average new player. higher ups would never agree to having the ct lock be 90 minutes as it is quite long and will most likely push some players away.

i think youre onto something with using other forms of gameplay than just playtime to let people onto ct however i dont think making a 25 point requirement is the best idea from SG’s point of view. i personally wouldnt mind as i dont own the server so new players leaving doesnt necessarily affect me but im not SG. i dont have my own solution to this yet other than increasing required playtime but i think this is a step forward.

if you and any of the jb regs wanna have our own unofficial community meeting to discuss ideas for this we should set one up sometime soon and then if we think of something we all agree could work we propose the idea to higher ups after.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1987

Not every player rebels. Look at @Auto for example, sometimes everyone will be rebelling and he will still be on soccer pitch. Also the amount of kills one has does not also mean they learned more or enough to play, it just means they out skilled the other player.

IMO if a point system was added the player would spend their whole time trying to rebel which is not bad but it’ll get the killed early on and they’ll just be waiting and not learning really.

Just learned that the 30 minute timer is just 30 minutes spent on the server. Possible that could be made to 30 minutes spent alive, as that will give the player a little more time to learn the rules?

@fantastic @Military_king @idealist

• Like 2
Edited by Trazz

you said you got 8 points in 30min of playing so im not sure how you expect players to get 25 in a map and a half. i believe the standard timer for a map is 15 or 20min unless it gets extended. i could be wrong about that but it’s definitely not more than 30min per map. going off your 8 kills/30min (yes i know this is 1 test result so it doesnt really mean anything but i have not been hired by SG to be on the analytics team and run tests with 100 people yet so this is all ive got.) it would take you about 94min to get those 25 points. there are obviously many factors to consider such as the map itself, ct strictness, your knowledge of secrets and overall skill etc. so i think its safe to assume it would take longer for the average new player. higher ups would never agree to having the ct lock be 90 minutes as it is quite long and will most likely push some players away.

Just to clarify, I had played one map (Spy Vs. Spy). It was one map, that I guess got extended.

Just learned that the 30 minute timer is just 30 minutes spent on the server. Possible that could be made to 30 minutes spent alive, as that will give the player a little more time to learn the rules?

• Content Count:  1469

How many times do people have to make a CT requirement thread? Then get rejected and realize that it’s not a good way of going about restricting players and teaching players how to play CT and that the CT restriction isn't to stop those who don't know how to play but those who just want to freekill people. Having new players on CT is a great way to have the player learn about the gamemode if they really want to, as players will call out on their mistakes or tell them what they did wrong. Your experiment doesn't say much at all as some people are just naturally better at CSGO than others and some maps are harder to rebel than others. If there were more requirements to join CT, some players will get bored of trying to meet the requirements to join CT and leave as they have prior knowledge about the game on other servers or watched videos of it on a video streaming website and would just like to see how CT works on this server.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  697

Pro tip increasing the ct timer to like 2 hours only stops free killers for 2 hours once it goes into effect after that it'll be like normal. Please stop suggesting the same things and realize why they are getting rejected, it might just be me but seeing the same god damn thread be reposted every week is getting annoying when the consensus of the majority of players and managers have already been decided. Making more threads won't help you achieve what you want to happen. This is a bad idea punishing bad players or new player who read the rules and just want to play ct and it won't fix what idea you have of what is broken on the server.

• Content Count:  1920

This has been discussed here, here, and here (and probably more places, too.). The same conclusion always comes up of that it's not worth changing from the way we have it now.

I think that changing it to time spent alive would be a net negative change. I personally see the 30min timer is just to pretty much keep out the trolls because players who actually want to play are willing to wait the 30 minutes and at least get somewhat of a grasp on the gamemode. If we changed it to 30 minutes alive, I feel it will begin to turn into a delay-fest in a gamemode completely about rebelling and killing the CTs.

Mind you, these are my personal thoughts.

This has been discussed here, here, and here (and probably more places, too.). The same conclusion always comes up of that it's not worth changing from the way we have it now.

I think that changing it to time spent alive would be a net negative change. I personally see the 30min timer is just to pretty much keep out the trolls because players who actually want to play are willing to wait the 30 minutes and at least get somewhat of a grasp on the gamemode. If we changed it to 30 minutes alive, I feel it will begin to turn into a delay-fest in a gamemode completely about rebelling and killing the CTs.

Mind you, these are my personal thoughts.

Pro tip increasing the ct timer to like 2 hours only stops free killers for 2 hours once it goes into effect after that it'll be like normal. Please stop suggesting the same things and realize why they are getting rejected, it might just be me but seeing the same god damn thread be reposted every week is getting annoying when the consensus of the majority of players and managers have already been decided. Making more threads won't help you achieve what you want to happen. This is a bad idea punishing bad players or new player who read the rules and just want to play ct and it won't fix what idea you have of what is broken on the server.

How many times do people have to make a CT requirement thread? Then get rejected and realize that it’s not a good way of going about restricting players and teaching players how to play CT and that the CT restriction isn't to stop those who don't know how to play but those who just want to freekill people. Having new players on CT is a great way to have the player learn about the gamemode if they really want to, as players will call out on their mistakes or tell them what they did wrong. Your experiment doesn't say much at all as some people are just naturally better at CSGO than others and some maps are harder to rebel than others. If there were more requirements to join CT, some players will get bored of trying to meet the requirements to join CT and leave as they have prior knowledge about the game on other servers or watched videos of it on a video streaming website and would just like to see how CT works on this server.

The OP is talking about adding a point requirement, which is something none of you acknowledged in your responses. @Trazz was the one to bring up changing the timer to time spent alive.

• Content Count:  697

The OP is talking about adding a point requirement, which is something none of you acknowledged in your responses. @Trazz was the one to bring up changing the timer to time spent alive.

I said it punishes bad players it doesn't change the request of the other threads that much. you arent breaking much ground here.

• Content Count:  1920

Well, my first sentence was meant to address the OP, but I suppose I wasn't really clear about that. My point there was that getting 25 points takes much longer than 30 minutes, especially for new players who may not be experienced in knowing secrets and good ways to rebel. I hold a stance of no need to change what we have now. I also agree with @Lokibelowkey that if someone is just shitty as CS:GO, it will take them much longer than someone who's naturally good at the game.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread