ape chy
    SG Regular

ape chy's General Game Issues

Tech Support Help Ticket
    What general section does your problem fall under
    General Game Issues
    What is your Operating System (OS)
    Mac OSX
    If you use linux, post the build and any other pertinent info (kde/gnome etc)
    -
    Have you tried the latest stable drivers for your product if any exist? If so please list the number/name of them in the box here.
    None.
    Do you understand complex tech explanations
    No
    Would you prefer more personalized and simpler help?
    Yes
    Do you have antivirus or anti-malware installed?
    No
    What is the name of your Antivirus/anti malware?
    None.
    Who made your PC? (Company name or you)
    Apple.
    What is the model number of the part or PC you are having issues with?
    Monitor (Probably the Graphics Card but I don't know)
    Please state your problem here
    So something weird was happening the past few days when I was playing CSLGO. I've recently updated Steam with a whole bunch of new things and new menus. I go to open CS:GO and when I load in, I see everything is normal. I hop on the SG server and things get REALLY weird. I notice that my brightness is higher, and sort of a light light light blue color alongside with it. I think hey it's probably just a glitch or something. I proceed to switch to the SG Halloween Map. And then things actually get weird and confusing.

Here's the main problem, when I load in and look at the cells, the corners are literally like dark shaded and weird glitchy stuff, I don't even know how to describe it but it was weird, I put my flashlight on and it just disappears. I notice if I shine my flashlight on the weird color thing it would go away but reappear if the flashlight were not on it. The same glitchy dark shade was on my gloves as well and every time I looked or moved around they would switch positions or move around a lot.

I've asked others like TheZZL and Tagwrack and they said no, and I was really confused.

The images represent what the glitchy thing looked like on Halloween razor.

Some information that you might need are:
    I play on a Mac OSX, from Mid - 2014
    The Graphics are exactly this: Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB
    8 GB Memory and 1.4 GHz Intel Core i5 processor.
    I play on max brightness, Television + 130 or 80%, the brightness looked different to me when I viewed, I tried alternating to Computer Monitor but that didn't work either.
    This happened AFTER I installed the New Steam Update, so it probably has to do with Steam or my bad Graphics Card or something.
    I don't know how to check if my Graphics Card is fine or dying.
    Everything else outside of CS is normal and fine.
    I play on a little bright display on my Mac, tried switching but didn't solve the problem.
    It's very annoying.
    I have commands in the pre-console thingy for CS:GO, I removed them but nothing happened.
    That's really about it.

If you have time to figure out the solution, I'll be grateful! Thank you for stopping by, it sucks to play on mac D:

realization - Ok so I screenshotted 2 other images in spy v spy in disco and I swear I saw the glitchy stuff like on razor, but It just doesn't appear, the reason you can see it in the razor images is that I took it from my phone.

Polarzz
    I have cold hands
    From what you're describing it seems that is either one, your monitor (I believe its that) or either it's your graphics card. I have had this happen to me before, where my monitor has turned to a light blue color and it didn't go away until my new one came in. My best suggestion to you is to reset your monitor restart your computer and verify steam cache. Just out of curiosity along with it, can you tell us what your monitor, brand, version, etc is? And does this also only happen on csgo or does it happen on any others games too?

ape chy
    SG Regular
    It just happens in CS:GO.

I've already restarted my computer and nothing has happened and the same result appears.

I will try to verify steam cache!

Thanks @Polarzz :D

Polarzz
    I have cold hands
    If this continues to keep happening to narrow it down if you have another monitor in your house, can you try hooking up another monitor to verify it's not your monitor's issue?

ape chy
    SG Regular
    Well, I play on a iMac so I don't know or think that would be possible because it was designed by Apple. However, I'm purchasing a new monitor + pc soon so I will check if it as my iMac's graphics card or monitor causing the issue, I'll look forward to it.

P.S. Verifying Game Files didn't work.

Thanks again @Polarzz

Che
    Infinite
    on your computer you could try uninstalling and re installing csgo again may as well give it a shot.