? servers

? players online

Test taking strategies?

• Content Count:  1799

As others have already stated, find the best studying practice that works for you. There's a multitude of options some of them being, just re-reading the textbook over and over, making flashcards, rewrite your notes over and over until you can recite them without having to look at your original note, find a buddy and question each other, some people do better if they cram their notes just an hour before the test, and others do better if they study over a couple of days, and etc...

Just from one single google search, I found this pretty informational page which includes a couple of great ways to study, https://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/health-and-support/exam-preparation-ten-study-tips. Try doing as many of them as possible and find whatever works for you the best. I think the overall tip though is to just repeatedly re-learn the information, basically to a point where you remember most of it.

• Content Count:  3294

False, I never studied in high school and averaged 89%

Not gonna lie this generally works for me. If you can actually pay attention in class and understand the material in class don’t go crazy with studying. Simply look over your notes the night before, always do most of the review sheet, and try to study with a friend that won’t distract you. However, you will get tests you have to actually study for days in advance; midterms, finals, large unit assessments.

• Content Count:  1266

As others have already stated, find the best studying practice that works for you. There's a multitude of options some of them being, just re-reading the textbook over and over, making flashcards, rewrite your notes over and over until you can recite them without having to look at your original note, find a buddy and question each other, some people do better if they cram their notes just an hour before the test, and others do better if they study over a couple of days, and etc...

Just from one single google search, I found this pretty informational page which includes a couple of great ways to study, https://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/health-and-support/exam-preparation-ten-study-tips. Try doing as many of them as possible and find whatever works for you the best. I think the overall tip though is to just repeatedly re-learn the information, basically to a point where you remember most of it.

Like the reg stated, find your own style; idk if you're in high school, but that is the ideal time find what suits you best. Do it before they replace your round holes and square pegs with real questions and exams

• Like 5

• Content Count:  98

just cheat.

just kidding, ask for help. Usually the teachers will be able to give you some sort of hint. If you are completely confused, just pick the answer that best fits. Good luck with your tests everyone!

• Content Count:  1438

as a seasoned boomer I have some experience in test taking

everyone absorbs information differently, some people don't even need to study because they're able to remember all of the information that they took in initially.

some things to keep in mind would be to definitely get a good amount of sleep, it makes a big difference

if you're in a physical classroom setting, I would definitely take written notes, highlight things, and go over them when you're home so you can ingrain them into your memory

I personally made little flash cards with questions and answers from things from my notes, or from a study guide/review that was given. reading my notes outloud helped me as well

don't overwhelm yourself and overstudy, but definitely don't multitask and look at your phone and stuff because it'll distract you

test taking wise, some of the time you may find the answer to the question you were trying to solve later on in the test, or maybe it's the same question and just worded differently later on.

normally when taking a test I leave the questions I have trouble on and move on, and when I'm done the first time I go over them again to see if I've found the answer yet.

it really depends on what subject you're talking about, because for things like physics, statistics, calc may not really help unless you're having trouble with memorizing equations. hope this helps, goodluck.

• Like 2
Edited by Charliere

Reply to Thread