? servers

? players online

Scrims autohop 5v5

• Content Count:  223

The scrim server has been dead for a while because no one gets on and also, there are barely any events that can work for scrims. But i think that a great event that can take place is a autohop scrim game. Basically it would work the same as a regular scrim game but its very easy to bhop seeing as u only have to hold the spacebar and not actually time the jumps. Lowering the time of each round would be great because of the fast movement and a t can go to a bomb site in 10 or less seconds. I'm not sure exactly what speed would be best but i would be willing to test out with a higher up.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1009

I think this is a really bad idea. Just cause it’s going to turn into people just bhop knifing you 10 seconds into the round. Plus the main thing about scrim is competitive and skill. There is no skill in bhop knifing.

• Content Count:  1987

I really do not believe that people who come to play scrim will enjoy the aspect of being able to bhop

. If people wanted to bhop DM then go to MG as they have that for some mini games.

We do have something planned for the near future though.

• Like 3
Edited by Trazz

• Content Count:  223

I think this is a really bad idea. Just cause it’s going to turn into people just bhop knifing you 10 seconds into the round. Plus the main thing about scrim is competitive and skill. There is no skill in bhop knifing.

Have u ever played a 5v5 autohop server no one can do that shit. That's what i said when i meant TEST speeds um not talking bout 5000 air acceleration there is legit no way u can do that. And your second point sayings its competitive that don't mean that u can't make it a fun server for like one day. As if there is alwas people on the server to begin with and won't play because it aint competitive.

• Content Count:  1920

I really do not think this would be a good idea for an event. If we had autohop on for an event people would get somewhere close to doing "that shit". I understand you have interest for this event but if you want to experience something like this I recommend just checking out the MG server when a deathmatch map is on. On top of that, I think it's worth it to think about how this may make the majority of the map pool unplayable. Adding autohop will only further exaggerate the gap on some maps on making it T or CT-sided.

BUT, do not fret, I can promise you that we do have an event coming in December that will hopefully bring some hype back to the server, especially when everyone is off from school. Until then, I encourage you to try and get people on via shoutbox and messaging your friends on Steam. Scrim has been pretty "dead" more or less because it's a lot harder to get people on with everyone being in school or working jobs.

• Like 1
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  165

Autohop on any official map would be trash. There are too many open spaces perfect for getting your speed up (long or mid). So it would make a lot of weapons unusable like Ak or M4. Even if they maxed your speed at say 350, the AK and M4 are still useless.The reason why people got on scrim was to play comp without losing anything with people they know. Not to play MG on valve maps.

In addition, most "For Fun" scrim events flop (admins vs regs is pretty bad)

• Content Count:  1952

Even if they maxed your speed at say 350, the AK and M4 are still useless

Although I personally don't like the idea of scrim 5v5 max speed at 350 wouldn't render main rifles useless... Sure maybe it'll be less useable against like a flying p90 or shotgun but 350 is barely a cap if this were to even become an event. Again, I agree with you that scrim should stay unranked competitive on valve official maps. Autobhop just wouldn't go with this server even if the best thought plan were to try to incorporate it.

• Content Count:  165

Although I personally don't like the idea of scrim 5v5 max speed at 350 wouldn't render main rifles useless...

Have you tried tracking someone mid air at 350 u/sec? Its fucking challenging, especially if you are spraying. Watch any clip on youtube of someone hitting 1 bhop and the entire enemy team missing their shots.

• Content Count:  1381

How about we just do another CS:S Scrim and everyone would be happy? Then you get the competitive players, the cs:s players, and the bhoppers all playing on a server having fun. We haven't had a CS:S event in a while, so it should be pretty fun to hop back on counter-strikes' older version.

• Like 4

Reply to Thread