? servers

? players online

Changing the names of our ranks

• Content Count:  1583

I don't particularly think it's all that important that each person holding a rank has a rank name that is singular and makes sense as a title for them. I think it's more important that ranks properly describe their roles and they don't get too jumbled.

As an example of this: Internal Affairs. Internal Affairs Officer/Investigator is a fucking mouthful and I'd hate for people to have to zoom in and put their reading glasses on anytime they want to find the person they need. Obviously color coordination helps with that, but if we match the titles to the rank bars, it's going to look nasty. Additionally, Internal Affairs (irl) is generally in charge of investigating misconduct within a force, hence their title being Investigators. So yes, that title makes sense, if you're using the title to describe them handling Staff complaints and conflicts. I don't really think this is what the role is primarily about though. While it's not as badass, Human Resources probably more accurately reflects the responsibilities of the rank.

If a player needs to get ahold of an admin, they ask for an admin. If they need to get a name change, the ranks are so convoluted and abstract that they're going to need someone else to point them in the right direction anyways. I don't think the semantics of whether someone is a Board or a Director is all that important as long as they can figure out what someone's rank might do, and whether or not that's the person they need to help them.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  26

i feel like you guys should keep the original ranks because they sound more official and they are clear as to what the job of the individual is. Also some of the new ranks suggested make me think of something else rather than the jobs they have such as media team and manager being changed to lead designer, I would not understand the designer part but I would understand the media team. this is just an example. So in short I think the original ranks should be kept rather than the new ranks.

• Content Count:  824

I would not understand the designer part but I would understand the media team.

Have u never heard of a graphic designer...

And also abt Interal Affairs, since Internal Affairs Officer is too long, what abt Internal Officer (eh idrk, its just an idea)

• Content Count:  532

The only changes that make sense to me is AT to Server Manager and BD to Directors. Simplifies things and better states what the rank deals with. Administrative team never really felt like a good name for what the rank entailed in my opinion. Board of Directors sounds cool and all but I think just Director makes more sense and in a way looks cooler.

Any other changes listed I'm not a fan of such as Modding Team to Mapper and Events Team to Event Coordinator. I think those 2 ranks should stay with their original names.

Everything else I got no issue with.

Reply to Thread