? servers

? players online

MS1: Changing Rules for Crossfire

• Content Count:  958

Why require CT's to follow a protocol if a T has a gun. That would restrict the CT's ability to do certain things, making it harder to control the situation. I'm not going to go into detail, but this would be a bad idea.

obviously, if the persons actively shooting or pointing it at you then you have every right to shoot first. this is more for when you know there's a gun but no ones necessarily trying to harm a ct whether its a pistol or primary (mainly gun plant scenarios) which a good amount of cts already try to isolate the player. not saying its a good idea, just the best idea i can think of if this were to ever change.

• Content Count:  113

I appreciate the discussion this point is getting, but I'd like to clarify two things about my intentions for this point, one of which is small:

1. @TheZZL @thump The title "Epic Bosses" for the players I describe is just a term so I don't have to write out "the CTs that engage in this specific behavior and cause these problems." Yes, Epic Bosses comes from the player xxRealEpicBossmanxx or whatever his name was, who was a caricature of this exact behavior. I don't want to target specific members of the community, so I used a player who demonstrated this behavior (and was banned for it last night) as a catch-all for the people I am describing.

2. @Dom @Trazz

When claiming crossfire it generally consists of 1-2 kills at most and anything higher than that IS FREE KILLING.

If you can state this in bold on a Rules Suggestion thread, and state as fact that 1-2 kills is crossfire and anything higher than that is freekilling, then why not just make it a rule? This is the point I made on the MS5/Interfering in an LR post. If the admins have a protocol they follow when an incident happens, that is treated essentially as a rule by the admins, then what point is there at all to not putting it in the rules? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

With these suggestions, administrators are responding by saying "yes, we already have a way to deal with these situations, this is the rule we follow." Well, it's great that the administrators know what to do when these things happen, but if these "rules" aren't on the Rules page, how are new players and regulars who haven't asked these questions before, supposed to know about these "rules" or definitions? It is SO much easier as a non-admin to quote a rule from the rules page to get someone to stop engaging in bad behavior than it is to quote some obscure forum post with 200 views made half a year ago. What harm is there to put what seem to be cut-and-dry admin procedures for these problems in the rules?

• Content Count:  958

2. @Dom @Trazz

If you can state this in bold on a Rules Suggestion thread, and state as fact that 1-2 kills is crossfire and anything higher than that is freekilling, then why not just make it a rule? This is the point I made on the MS5/Interfering in an LR post. If the admins have a protocol they follow when an incident happens, that is treated essentially as a rule by the admins, then what point is there at all to not putting it in the rules? If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

as i said on your LR thread, there are a lot of common sense rules where it doesnt explicitly say its not allowed but if you ask yourself "would an admin get mad/do something if i did this?" and if the answer is yes, 9/10 times youre right but people just choose to be le epic funny and haha trolled and exploit this because it technically doesnt say anything about it on forums. the reason all these petty rules have to be added is because of le epic trollers and its a pain for admins to deal with.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

Rejected. If a T is spraying at a CT with 3 other Ts in his way is the CT supposed to roll over and let themselves get killed? While it's unfortunate, as mentioned many times before it's unrealistic especially given the fact that Ts should be aware of their surroundings and get out of the way if they see a teammate shooting a gun. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread