? servers

? players online

JB Panther Skin

• Content Count:  820

Just gonna go ahead and say we’re working on fixing the problems with this model. The primary weapon on the floor is more important than the secondary being visible. At the end of the day, the pistol problem doesn’t matter too much.

As well, KOSing off of cosmetics is not allowed and any player doing so should be reminded of the rule. I understand it is sometimes confusing but KOSing off cosmetics can lead to free kills and unnecessary drama.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5674

You can totally kill people off of cosmetics. If I see a red Lara Croft with a Minecraft head stab a CT in his back and then I see that same Lara Croft later, I'm putting a bullet in his brain. But, just like with anything else, if you're wrong and it was an identical Lara Croft that didn't kill that CT, you can be slayed. Calling a KOS on someone based on their model is probably not the best idea though, because if a CT follows up on it and you're wrong, you'd be the one getting punished for it. You should really only be calling a KOS with someone's actual name, if you wanna be smart about it.

I'm not sure if anyone thinks otherwise, but to the absolute best of my knowledge, there is no rule or FAQ regarding literally any of this. Telling someone they "can't" do something makes it sound like there's a rule against this. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here though.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1952

You can totally kill people off of cosmetics. If I see a red Lara Croft with a Minecraft head stab a CT in his back and then I see that same Lara Croft later, I'm putting a bullet in his brain. But, just like with anything else, if you're wrong and it was an identical Lara Croft that didn't kill that CT, you can be slayed. Calling a KOS on someone based on their model is probably not the best idea though, because if a CT follows up on it and you're wrong, you'd be the one getting punished for it.

I also believe that if you're single handedly the most identifiable person from cosmetics, and you do a KOS-able thing, I think you should be able to get killed, especially through something like glass because you are a target but your name is hidden.

I'm not sure if anyone thinks otherwise, but to the absolute best of my knowledge, there is no rule or FAQ regarding literally any of this. Telling someone they "can't" do something makes it sound like there's a rule against this. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here though.

Going solely off pure memory so if I'm wrong, oh well. but I'm pretty sure it's stated in in-game rules. Something like you can't kill T's purely off cosmetics something something. Going back to what I said earlier, I've seen other admins slay CT's for killing a T off cosmetics through windows/glass/transparent etc. because they stated "you couldn't see the name"/"You can't kill off cosmetics". Sometimes they're wrong, alright, but if it's something like you said earlier, "Red lara croft with a minecraft head" I'm letting it pass. I'm pretty sure there is some hard ruling against killing only off cosmetics but I can't find it, and if there isn't, then my mind just ain't working.

@TheZZL @Dominic Just checked, it's not in in-game rules, sorry for the misinformation. To be honest I might be with Dominic and say there is no rule or FAQ regarding this though I felt like I've heard it somewhere.

• Like 2
Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  3294

Going solely off pure memory so if I'm wrong, oh well. but I'm pretty sure it's stated in in-game rules. Something like you can't kill T's purely off cosmetics something something. Going back to what I said earlier, I've seen other admins slay CT's for killing a T off cosmetics through windows/glass/transparent etc. because they stated "you couldn't see the name"/"You can't kill off cosmetics". Sometimes they're wrong, alright, but if it's something like you said earlier, "Red lara croft with a minecraft head" I'm letting it pass. I'm pretty sure there is some hard ruling against killing only off cosmetics but I can't find it, and if there isn't, then my mind just ain't working.

You can totally kill people off of cosmetics. If I see a red Lara Croft with a Minecraft head stab a CT in his back and then I see that same Lara Croft later, I'm putting a bullet in his brain. But, just like with anything else, if you're wrong and it was an identical Lara Croft that didn't kill that CT, you can be slayed. Calling a KOS on someone based on their model is probably not the best idea though, because if a CT follows up on it and you're wrong, you'd be the one getting punished for it. You should really only be calling a KOS with someone's actual name, if you wanna be smart about it.

If I can identify the player's hand in a stack of T's to that person's model I will kill them for shooting. Generally, T's think grouping in a stack might help, but I can determine who's shooting a majority of the time. Got to agree with @Dominic here, I won't call a KOS but I'll be keeping that information in the back of my mind for later.

This thread was summed up by @Tyymunk, so if someone wants to make a new thread in the Rules Discussion about the KOS off of cosmetics issue let's continue the discussion there.

Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  958

as Noxstar said, I've seen admins slay people for kill off of cosmetics many times and every reg makes sure people know you cant kos people for their skin, hate, mask etc. however I think you're right about there being no specific rule about it but everyone enforces it as a rule and its been like that for as long as i can remember. i think what youre getting at is you can kill someone off of cosmetics if youre 100% certain its them which to me makes the most sense. its not that big of an issue for it to be added to rules or anything tho imo

• Content Count:  5674

If it seriously needs to be discussed further, someone should definitely make a new thread regarding the killing / calling KOS off of models thing. I don't think much more needs to be said though, punishing people for using common sense when it's completely appropriate to do so seems extremely ridiculous to me. In any case, some official statement from the Jailbreak management team to clarify this misconception (because as of right now, that's what it is, a misconception, there's no rule about that) may be beneficial to prevent any further confusion.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  449

After discussion with me and my fellow ATs have decided that this view point fits exactly with how we see this issue.

There is no rule explicitly stating that you can not kill or KOS off of cosmetics. However, if you kill someone and/or kos someone who did not do anything wrong, then you will be liable to being punished for freekilling.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.