? servers

? players online

This is a poll

• Content Count:  124

This is a poll i want everones honest opion. (please dont close this after 3 or 4 responses i want some actual opions from a few people.) I myself believe allowing 1 out of 5 or 6 servers how ever much there are to allow people to stream aka ze server isnt fair for other players who stream and play other servers. For TTT i can see it be somewhat of a promblem for when your alive it shows ts over people heads but what if there was a way for people to not see there names maybe a pluggin to hide names until you indentifie also that would cause people to not be able to kos but maybe make so there a pluggin so traitors cant see other traitors names. And on the players still alive get rid of that so you cant ghost if your watching someones stream. But my point is why exclude one server out of 6 i say if 5 servers cant be streamed make them all not be able to stream be fair pls. Your opions are welcomed here.

Edited by John

• Content Count:  1987

There's other problems with streaming on TTT / JB. As in TTT you can give away positions, who are Ts, how many people left, and the innos remaining. For JB it will show players positions and who's rebelling; on retakes, 1v1, and scrim it gives away position, strats, and HP. I don't feel like we should implement a plugin just so someone can stream on those servers for which is a privilege and not a necessity.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  2579

This isn't my opinion, but as a TTT manager I can safely tell you, that I (or Zayne) won't ever allow streaming on the server, and we will not work on a plugin that hides everyone's names for people to stream.

I don't even see how you can play TTT without seeing any names, but whatever.

As for other servers, like I said in shoutbox, managers decide whether or not they want to allow streaming on their servers. It isn't anything personal, don't get the rule wrong, but the hassle of dealing with potential ghosters, regardless of the streamers' intention, is not worth the time or the effort.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  3294

1v1, and scrim it gives away position, strats, and HP. I don't feel like we should implement a plugin just so someone can stream on those servers for which is a privilege and not a necessity.

On servers like retakes and 1v1 the rounds end extremely quickly, so even with the default stream delay of thirty seconds the effects on the server would be minimal from ghosting through streaming. The main servers that I believe would have issues with someone streaming would be TTT, JB, and Scrim. If you want to read the original post about this, here it is.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  223

For JB it will show players positions and who's rebelling

I don't know bout u guys but this seems quite useless by the time u watching the other guys stream someones is on your tail if your a and if your a t then there probably given a order by the time it takes u to react to the stream and look around to see where ct is. TTT makes sense because its a slow passive game but JB is very reactive and your constantly moving very fast. Also, even if there is a fd and the player does not know where the ct is it should be clear seeing as cts need to enforce it.

• Content Count:  958

I don't know bout u guys but this seems quite useless by the time u watching the other guys stream someones is on your tail if your a and if your a t then there probably given a order by the time it takes u to react to the stream and look around to see where ct is. TTT makes sense because its a slow passive game but JB is very reactive and your constantly moving very fast. Also, even if there is a fd and the player does not know where the ct is it should be clear seeing as cts need to enforce it.

nah i agree with roux and trazz. there was a guy streaming on jb a few months ago and even tho there was a 5 second or so delay it gave away the position of all his ct buddies and made it easier to sneak up on them. you can also use it to check if a ct is camping secrets, find rebelling t’s before anyone notices theyre gone etc. i dont really see a reason to try and allow streaming cause people will 100% ghost and thats not allowed here. it just wouldnt be as fun when people know each other’s locations even tho we all know you always camp one way tag.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1654

The managers decide whether or not they will allow streaming for their specific servers depending on if streaming potentially affects game play. Each server has their own specific rule on streaming on their individual rules thread, if there isn't, bring this to the attention of the server manager which does not have a ruling on it.

Edited by Greggy G

Reply to Thread