? servers

? players online

Command to allow toggleable Flashlight

• Content Count:  1952

Some dude on bhop asked me if there was way to stop flashlighting during bhops and I was like there should be a command so you don't use a flashlight when you press your inspect button and a lot of people agreed. Any thoughts here?

Make a command like !fl or !flashlight to make it so if you do that command, you can press your inspect button to toggle a flashlight but if the command is off, it doesn't use a flashlight when you inspect.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1987

Good idea just that I personally don't find it a big deal. Like dom said you can simply press your inspect key once more and it's gone. During runs I do not notice the light unless it's a dark map and it doesn't bother me that much or mess up my run. If the idea you brought here is simple to create and can be set in motion then sure. Will bring this up to the team and see what they think.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  600

Its just really annoying when you like to spam your inspect and a light keeps flicking when you can just make a command to make it not. Everyone I've talked to on bhop doesn't like it either. Its just bothersome for people that spam it for fun while hoping.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1671

So what about maps that have dark parts that need a flashlight? They’re going to type out a command during a run or make a bind for it(as well as turning the bind on and off multiple times)? If they’re more focused on spamming their inspect key to look at a skin, they’re clearly not focused on improving or getting a good time.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  600

Or they can just play the server for fun like most people and not truly try hard it, you can keep it on prior to actually starting there's no need to do it in runs. When you fail you can just turn it on/off at the start zone. If anything it's just a overall extra that's not needed but a ease of life thing.

• Content Count:  1952

So what about maps that have dark parts that need a flashlight? They’re going to type out a command during a run or make a bind for it(as well as turning the bind on and off multiple times)? If they’re more focused on spamming their inspect key to look at a skin, they’re clearly not focused on improving or getting a good time.

Isn't there a way to make it so it saves the command whenever the map switches? I always saw bhop as a casual thing but if you want to focus on improving on getting a better time, you can always just keep it on.

• Content Count:  2983

Pretty much sums up the thoughts I had on this when Trazz brought it up to me. Don’t think it’s necessary at all to add this and would just annoy people who can’t see in darker maps by having to make another bind or type it out to beat a portion of it. This really isn’t game breaking, nor does it improve nor make your strafes worse. If I’m being honest I’d much rather have it so if I press f the flashlight turns on and the knife animation doesn’t play so my screen doesn’t have stuff in the way of it.

• Like 3

Reply to Thread