? servers

? players online

New PC

• Content Count:  2947

Yo yo,

2019 is the year where Im deciding to possibly build another PC. My fathers birthday is in December and I thought of giving him my current PC to him to use so he doesn't use my moms work computer. I whipped up something quick on PC part picker but I am not the most in sync with whats the best. I have everything needed just wanted to build a new tower. So here's my link below.

A couple notes which may help me, help you.

1. Under 1000$ is what I'm comfortable spending, but if its even less im happy.

2. I play CS:GO & possibly in the future id play something that may need to be better than running just csgo. (I know it isn't a lot to go off of, but I only play csgo atm)

3. How many fans is enough (I added 2 to be safe, I think 1 comes with the case I choose)

4. I don't need a lot of hard drive space & 500 gb will suffice for me (SSD)

5. Keep in mind my I live in Canada so the no US links or w.e

6. If you find any good deals on Windows 10 keys possibly, send it my way.

7. I like the case, & its the style I like but im definitely willing to change it to save some $$ & would prefer for it to at least stay Mid tower size or smaller.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/sHwyf9

Any questions let me know, & i appreciate any suggestions.

• Content Count:  2693

Great choices but I highly recommend you splurge a little bit more on the GPU. The 1050 TI is nice but it won't last for the future. I recommend getting an RX 580 8G. Definitely worth the price. You might want to get at least a TB. You never know when you could use it. The fans are good but it wouldn't hurt to get one more. I'm on my phone so I can't see if the case comes with a fan or two.

• Like 1

PowerColor AXRX 580 8GBD5-3DHDV2/OC - $239.99

Sapphire PULSE - $267.99

Both are RX580 - 30$ price difference does the brand matter? I mean I've never heard of powercolor.

@John @Tyymunk

I was thinking I dont need this ASAP so I may just wait for some black Friday sales or what not as well.

Also the tower comes with 2 fans (In Amazon details) so 4 fans in total.

Edited by matt

• Content Count:  820

@matt I have the pulse version of a different GPU and I only bought since it was a bit cheaper. Power Color is actually pretty popular in the AMD market and it should serve you well. Would go with that one.

Also yes you may want to wait a bit for a better price on those, especially since AMD is replacing their 1080p gaming cards in the coming months, you can expect a good deal on the rx580.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

Sapphire is widely regarded as the BEST brand for AMD GPUs, particularly for their Nitro+ cards. The only difference between brands is generally the cooler design and how well the cards are binned. Given that you are primarily playing CSGO, and I assume you don't plan on overclocking, the PowerColor or any cheap radiator style design will work just fine for your needs though.

I can be quite indecisive sometimes but I had another idea on the "new pc"

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/KWyQV7

Above is the link to the similar build already but to reuse my current case & power supply. Now I have no idea if this is a good idea and tbh if i can save almost 200$ or so Im happy to do that.

Im posting my current build below & maybe an upgrade is possible but I know its pretty outdated and hard to upgrade my current build. If theres any ideas on any salvaging my build let me know. Id feel a little guilty knowing I can try to save some cash where possible.

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/tQ89YJ

Thanks again for all those who posted already I just want to cover all bases before making the best decision.

• Content Count:  2693

Above is the link to the similar build already but to reuse my current case & power supply. Now I have no idea if this is a good idea and tbh if i can save almost 200$ or so Im happy to do that.

Im posting my current build below & maybe an upgrade is possible but I know its pretty outdated and hard to upgrade my current build. If theres any ideas on any salvaging my build let me know. Id feel a little guilty knowing I can try to save some cash where possible.

Thanks again for all those who posted already I just want to cover all bases before making the best decision.

You're better off just building the new one. Your current rig is pretty outdated in every category.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1920

Hey, a bit late to the party here, but I'm also gonna drop some opinions for you:

I think the only thing you can salvage out of this is your harddrive just so you keep what you currently have and have maybe a tiny bit of extra space if you really need it. I would say also keep the power source JUST in case you'd be able to reuse it? Definitely check the amount of power you would need, though.

Out of the first build you listed in the OP, I would suggest a couple of changes that would cost more money, but I think you'd be able to pull it off.

IF you waited long enough for Black Friday / Cyber Monday for some really great deals on parts I suggest or ones you already intend on getting.

2 changes I recommend:

- If you want to get the 860, I would recommend getting the 1tb version, as it's only $50 more for double the storage and in today's day and age as far as really everything goes, the more storage you have, the better. I personally recommend the 960, but it's far more expensive and probably out of your price range.

- As @John and @Tyymunk are saying, I would definitely invest more into your GPU. If you want to get a pretty solid GeForce GPU, I would recommend the EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 XC. From what I've been reading it seems the GTX 1660 gives you a really good bang for your buck (as far as GeForce goes). If you want to look outside of GeForce, I would recommend the PowerColor RX 580, like what John said. It comes down to if you value memory or core/boost clock more as the RX 580 will give you more memory but the GTX 1660 will give you a higher core/boost clock. Both of these come in around the same price as well.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread