? servers

? players online

Marketing Team

• Content Count:  5375

I feel like a few people in here have the purpose of this team a little misconstrued. While the marketing team may assist with events from time to time (the charity stream would be a perfect example of an event that this would happen for) the bulk of the work to be done was actually not internal, but instead, external. The goal isn't to market servers against each other internally to our existing player base but instead to promote steam-gamers externally as well as make sure our outward facing brand image is consistent across the board. To the people in this thread mocking the results as far as deals and sponsorship or any of it at all I would ask you this: What do you know about the marketing team and what was happening at the time? During a brief return to normalcy in circumstance we actually got a bit done. New forums? Guess who? Referral program that no one uses? Guess who? As well as numerous other opportunities that fell through either based on our numbers as a community or the circumstances I mentioned earlier.

So meme it up boys, laugh all you want. At the end of the day when this team eventually comes back (it's going to... It's basic business sense) and shit pops off I don't want to hear a fucking peep from those of you who have this idea in your head that this team is worthless.

• Like 10

• Content Count:  1583

To: ESL Event Organizers

I'm reaching out to you on behalf of the Steam-Gamers Community to invite ESL to collaborate with us. Steam-Gamers is a community, founded in 2007, that hosts servers for custom gamemodes in Counter-Strike and various other games. We currently host thousands of active players across 10 different servers including Zombie Escape, Jailbreak, and Trouble in Terrorist Town. Community servers hosting custom gamemodes like ours have played a role in bringing new life to Valve (and other) games when players are looking for something outside of traditional gameplay.

We hope to work collaboratively with you to recognize the significance of community servers in Counter-Strike history. Working with us would broaden your audience by introducing a viewership from people who have previously been disinterested in the Pro Competitive scene, but enjoy non-traditional game-modes. Additionally, this would provide us with the opportunity to spread awareness of non-traditional gamemodes' role in Counter-Strike history, drawing more active players into or back to CS:GO.

We are more than willing to host servers for these gamemodes that Pro players would be able to enjoy, providing you with more content to stream between Tournament matches.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this, and hopefully collaborating with ESL in the future.

Thank You For Your Time,

Steam-Gamers Marketing Team

:ooo::ooo::ooo:

Just larping, but I think something like this would be real fuckin cool. Unfortunately, I feel that finding opportunities and sponsorship like this would require the approval and decisions of higher ups, limiting the team primarily to IAs and BDs if it were to seek to reach it's full potential. I'm sure that there are things that lower staff could do within the team to get SG's name out there, but I wouldn't want anyone accidentally tarnishing the reputation of our community by being too eager to find partnerships etc.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread