? servers

? players online

[JB] What Counts as Cheating During an LR

• Content Count:  3294

The common knowledge for cheating an lr in Jailbreak is:

Don't go to medic in a shot for shot

Don't break the T's rules

However, something I've always considered as cheating for myself is using secrets and KOS-able areas as a CT. The last request is supposed to be a fair duel between the T and CT, but if the CT runs onto a KOS catwalk wouldn't that be unfair. It might already be a rule, so I just need some clarity (and possibly have it added to the FAQ).

• Content Count:  958

The T should be able to go on KOS areas as long as they dont have the clear intention of trying to rebel. armory should always be off limits but if both the T and CT are on armory catwalk and theyre both still actively lring then it shouldnt be an issue. the T is in a LAST request so unless theyre pardoned and win every lr theyre gonna die either way. i dont see anything wrong with knife fighting in vents or s4s on catwalk

The T should be able to go on KOS areas as long as they dont have the clear intention of trying to rebel. armory should always be off limits but if both the T and CT are on armory catwalk and theyre both still actively lring then it shouldnt be an issue. the T is in a LAST request so unless theyre pardoned and win every lr theyre gonna die either way. i dont see anything wrong with knife fighting in vents or s4s on catwalk

Then in this scenario, other CT's might accidentally kill the T on the KOS area. Why do you think no one does last requests at KOS areas currently?

• Content Count:  1103

The rules say:

KOS zones include:

- Areas or things that connect to armory (armory catwalks, armory stairs, etc.)

- SOME Teleporters (see FAQ post below)

- Armory

- Vents

- Invisible Walls/Objects/Buttons/Ladders (invisible ladders are KOS unless they can't be avoided)

- Secrets

So I'd say yes, it's KOS even if it's during an LR

EDIT: With CTs in KOS areas, I'd say no since CTs would have an unfair advantage over the Ts when they are in KOS areas since Ts can't go into them or else they can be killed for going into a KOS area.

• Like 1
Edited by Error.

• Content Count:  820

Not really sure what the question is here...

If you're asking if CTs are allowed to kill if a T goes in a KOS area during an LR, then YES

If a CT goes into a KOS area, a place where a T cannot follow without "rebelling", then it's considered delaying on the CTs part since the T cannot follow. Even for catwalk, where the CT can still shoot the T, it is IMO delaying since it creates an unfair advantage for the CT since the T cannot follow.

Hope this cleared something up

• Like 1

Not really sure what the question is here...

If you're asking if CTs are allowed to kill if a T goes in a KOS area during an LR, then YES

However, something I've always considered as cheating for myself is using secrets and KOS-able areas as a CT. The last request is supposed to be a fair duel between the T and CT, but if the CT runs onto a KOS catwalk wouldn't that be unfair. It might already be a rule, so I just need some clarity (and possibly have it added to the FAQ).

If a CT goes into a KOS area, a place where a T cannot follow without "rebelling", then it's considered delaying on the CTs part since the T cannot follow. Even for catwalk, where the CT can still shoot the T, it is IMO delaying since it creates an unfair advantage for the CT since the T cannot follow.

I would agree with this, but using a teleporter, in my opinion, should count as more as delaying. If this is simply it, I suggest adding it to the F.A.Q. because a lot of newer CT's frequently do this.

• Content Count:  1987

The common knowledge for cheating an lr in Jailbreak is:

Don't go to medic in a shot for shot

Don't break the T's rules

I would consider using KOS/secret areas as cheating an LR since it is only available to the CT (without getting killed) but not for the Ts. My interpretation of why that is is because of the gun toss rule where CTs cannot use their primary’s to shoot the deagle even further as if a T were to do so they would be KOSed for having a primary.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

If a CT goes into a KOS area and a T is still able to participate in the LR (in this case, shot for shot - T can still shoot a CT in a KOS area) then that's fine. The only problem is when a CT goes into a KOS area to delay and a T cannot complete their LR. We have a rule change coming shortly to address this situation. Thanks for pointing it out!

• Like 1

Reply to Thread