? servers

? players online

Is this conflicting or revoking the order?

• Content Count:  1952

I give an order to go somewhere and do something ex: Bum rush bottom of cell stairs and freeze

Cells are still closed and around 10 seconds later someone else gives an order.

They don't do my order and they go to whoever they said to go somewhere.

Is that conflicting or revoking an order?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1469

It would be considered conflicting but the person usually wouldn't get punished for it, since there are times when orders aren't clear enough from the last CT or orders are just the same every round start. If the player does it constantly every round or after every order even when you said that you wanted the Ts to rush bottom of cell stairs and freeze more than once, then i would say that the player should be handled with.

• Like 3
Edited by Takuto

• Content Count:  22

i would say conflicting is if a CT gives an order before the T’s are allowed to finish the previous one, other than revoking fds of course.

Sadly some admins do not consider this conflicting. I agree with you, and seeing others do as well, we should specify in the rules that "Conflicting is if a CT gives an order before the T's are allowed to finish the previous one." exactly as you said. But higher ups usually have an excuse on why they will not add this specification. Conflicting is a main part of why warden is going to be tested in the future, if we fix this problem, maybe the warden won't have as much power.

• Content Count:  1103

There are a lot of factors that could go into this...

Did they hear it? Were people talking over each other? etc etc...

Generally I'd say it's not conflicting. 10 seconds is a lot of time, count to 10 right now, takes a bit of time.

It's somewhat of a grey area, 5 seconds I'd say so, 10 seconds most likely not.

• Content Count:  1952

There are a lot of factors that could go into this...

Did they hear it? Were people talking over each other? etc etc...

Generally I'd say it's not conflicting. 10 seconds is a lot of time, count to 10 right now, takes a bit of time.

It's somewhat of a grey area, 5 seconds I'd say so, 10 seconds most likely not.

Here I'll make the situation more concise, my fault for not doing so.

I clearly state (assuming it's quiet as in fo) "Bum rush bottom of cell stairs and freeze" like 3-4 times.

~10 seconds pass and a CT in chat gives an order to go to big cage while cells are still closed.

I kill somebody going to big cage because they hadn't even done MY order yet.

• Content Count:  1103

Here I'll make the situation more concise, my fault for not doing so.

I clearly state (assuming it's quiet as in fo) "Bum rush bottom of cell stairs and freeze" like 3-4 times.

~10 seconds pass and a CT in chat gives an order to go to big cage while cells are still closed.

I kill somebody going to big cage because they hadn't even done MY order yet.

I don't think I have had to run into something like this (because most people will just take FO) but I will try to explain it.

I'd say it's conflicting since the Ts didn't execute your order yet and could cause confusion among the Ts and chaos would ensue.

• Content Count:  2342

It would be considered conflicting but the person usually wouldn't get punished for it, since there are times when orders aren't clear enough from the last CT or orders are just the same every round start. If the player does it constantly every round or after every order even when you said that you wanted the Ts to rush bottom of cell stairs and freeze more than once, then i would say that the player should be handled with.

Pretty much this. Yes, it's a conflicting order, but generally we leave it up to the admin to handle these cases. If Ts want to be safe they should be following the new order.

Reply to Thread