ape chy
    SG Regular

The Outsiders

*SPOILER ALERT*
    im bored
    sowwy if some info is wong i havent wed da book in while :3 owo uwu ^^
    A few months ago I read a book called, 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton and I instantly got hooked up and loved it. It will be a book that I will cherish forever. I want to evaluate this book. It's extremely good, and here's why:

The Plot: (aka long-ass summary)
    Ok, so the storyline of the Outsiders is very interesting. I'll give you a brief summary of what it's about. So the book takes place in Tulsa, Oklahoma in 1965. There are two main gang rivalries. The socs (so-shas) which are high-class rich people. And the greasers, low-class kinda poor people. The socs are the bad guys and the greasers are the good guys. The main character is Ponyboy Curtis, a member of the greasers. The book talks in his perspective. (First Person) He has two other brothers, Sodapop and Darry. Darry and Sodapop quit school and took full-time jobs at gas stations to help Ponyboy succeed in his education. His other gang members, or friends, are Johnny Cade, Two-Bit, Dally, Steve, and Cherry. (Explained Later on in the book) The book starts out from Ponyboy going home from the movie theaters. A group of socs are following him in a car, chasing him home, they eventually catch up to him and jump him, they cut his throat a little bit before the other greasers show up, eventually saving Ponyboy from them. They fight them off, using everything they can. They later make them go away. We later get introduced to the other characters. Dally, Johnny, and Ponyboy go off to the movie theaters. Along with Two-Bit who shows up later. They eventually meet Cherry Valance, a cheerleader from Ponyboy's school, apart of the Socs. (for now) Dally tries to hook up with her but eventually fails and leaves. Now things get serious in the next part. Before Cherry and her friend enter the movie theaters, they are with there boyfriends, which later become exes. Now, Two-Bit, Johnny and Ponyboy walk home, alongside with Cherry and her friend. They get to talk for a while. But not long before both their boyfriends show up, which are socs as well. They meet the other boys and Two-Bit threatens them with his handy-dandy SWITCHMOTHERFUCKINGBLADE, smashes a beer bottle for Pony, and Johnny standing behind them. But, Pony drops it and says he doesn't wanna fight. That's followed up with Cherry breaking it up, and saying she'll go home with her boyfriends. Right before she leaves, she tells Ponyboy she loves him. OK, SO THIS IS ACTUALLY WERE SHIT HAPPENS BUT IMMA GIVE THE QUICKEST RUNDOWN CUZ IT'S LONG. Ponyboy goes home an it's fucking late at night and Darry pushes him, making him wanna run away with johnny. They eventually go walk at the park to cool off. BUT GUESS WHO'S FUCKING THERe. Yeah you right, THE SAME GROUP OF SOCS ALONG WITH THE BOYFRIEND OF CHERRY VALANCE, aka BOB. They eventually split and they are caught, Johnny getting his ass fucking beat and Ponyboy getting drowned in the well at the Park. Next thing you know. Johnny takes out his FUCKING SWITCHBLADE, GOES UP TO THE FOUNTAIN, AND STABS BOB. (Rest in Peace) Which kills him and makes the other socs scared. They eventually murdered him and they had to run away or they would be in jail. they go to Dally and ask him for help, he gives them a loaded gun and money for them to buy supplies. They go to Windrixville and stay at the church for the week. Then they come back to see shit fuck up, Dally picks them up and they see that the church they were at where on fire. And children are stuck in the building. So they become heroes and save them. But guess what...JOHNNY GOT SEVERE BURNS and they were taken to the hospital. The teacher expresses they're gratitude and head off. Darry and Sodapop reunite with Ponyboy and say how sorry they were. But Johnny is not ok. Dally is doing well and shit, but he explains this rumble that is going to happen. A big fight between the Socs and Greasers. They said they'll do it for Johnny. FOR JOHNNY MAN LET'S FUCKING GO. Ok, so they meet up and they talk for a while, BUT...DALLY SHOWS UP AND SAYS THESE BADASS WORDS ALRIGHT. (Or something like this) "You know a rumble ain't a rumble with me" and then the socs swing and then the greasers swing. Classic, in. the. fucking. rain. as. well. The greasers win, Dally and Ponyboy go back to the hospital and FUCKING GUESS WHAT HAPPENS NOW? Johnny dies..................Then Dally is so upset he robs a store and the cops shoot him..........And then everyone is fucking depressed. And yeah, Ponyboy writes the book about his life.

Part's that stood out:
    The whole fucking story. The perspective of a young teen boy living through all this is so hard to imagine. It's like Ponyboy is living in a dystopia, people are dying left and right. And it's difficult for him to process it, everyone's depressed, 2 of his close gang members died. It's really hard to see him go through all this. He was already struggling and now he's struggling even more. But he didn't give up. He didn't let a single fucking thing stop him from his education. And that's what I like about Ponyboy, a young, innocent fellow trying to accomplish something crucial in his life.
    Johnny's Death.
    Oh boy. Fuck me. Everybody in my class cried like holy shit that was like number 1. on Top 10 Saddest Anime Deaths. (no jokes bru) Ight anyways, I like how they implemented Johnny's death here. He was a hero after all. He saved those little kids, knowing he was risking his own, but hey, he even said it was worth it. A true fucking hero in my book. But I like this scene, another thing stands out as well. It's a cause and effect. Wanna know why?
    Dally's Death.
    Yeah. That's right. I'll explain.
    JThe one person that Dally loved and cared for the most was Johnny. And he was so upset and outraged from his death, that it led to him robbing a store and making him feel all these mixed emotions before getting gunned down by the cops. I felt like this wouldn't have happened if Johnny wasn't dead. But it really showed how important Johnny was to Dally. And know the one thing that he loved the most was gone. Vanished. Not there anymore. Normally when a loved one dies you let out you're feeling. You cry, right? yeah because it's a human being that you like and not someone you rather dislike. I just like the cause and effect sequence happening here.
    Stay Gold, Ponyboy.
    MY FUCKING GOD BEST QUOTE BRUH I'M NOT EVEN CAPP-
    Ok, this was Johnny last ever words, directed to Ponyboy.
    "Stay Gold, Ponyboy, Stay Gold."
    Ight if you don't know what the FUCK this means it basically means to always shine, and never let obstacles bring you down. Johnny's quote is referring to the Poem made by my boy Robert Frost, 'Nothing Gold Can Stay' The poem basically ment nothing can last forever, and Johnny didn't last forever. (That's tuff) All the good things in life will eventually wear out. And it will bring you down. But Johnny wants Ponyboy to still be that young, innocent boy that Johnny saw him as. And hopes he will stay like that.

Ok thx for reading i was rlly bored so bye.

Bet fucking book. Really good plot-twists, moments, and a realistic and relatable story.
    Rate: 11/10
    sorry for curse i didn't want to but this would be a boring essay
    very big shit post i guess

XD

nesquik
    lets go
    @Creten this’ll be on your English test

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nesquik For This Useful Post:
    Kopsta (09-27-2019)

English
    Banned
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ape chy View Post
    *SPOILER ALERT*
    im bored
    sowwy if some info is wong i havent wed da book in while :3 owo uwu ^^
    A few months ago I read a book called, 'The Outsiders' by S.E. Hinton and I instantly got hooked up and loved it. It will be a book that I will cherish forever. I want to evaluate this book. It's extremely good, and here's why:
    my boy already getting ready for his 7th grade essay on this old ass book. be sure to use good grammar when you start typing your final paper in MLA format!

ape chy
    SG Regular
    yo wtf

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ape chy For This Useful Post:
    English (09-27-2019), Kopsta (09-27-2019), nesquik (09-27-2019)

Im Sad
    Cha cha real smooth

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Im Sad For This Useful Post:
    English (09-27-2019), Kopsta (09-27-2019), Noxstar (09-27-2019)

BoM
    I came expecting(and looking for) a quality conversation about the book 'The Outsiders', later adapted into a film (1983). Instead, I read 'sowwy' and 'wed da', and my firefox browser immediately uninstalled itself. THEN, I tried to open it on chrome, and this SAME thread made me memory leak all 32 gigs of ram. I want to read and comment on your review of this book, however your opening statement appears to be restricting me from doing so.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BoM For This Useful Post:
    Creten (09-27-2019), Dom (09-27-2019), English (09-27-2019), Infinityward (09-27-2019), Kopsta (09-27-2019), nesquik (09-27-2019), Noxstar (09-27-2019), Reid99 (09-27-2019), TheZZL (09-27-2019), Tyymunk (09-28-2019)

Dom
    Le Big Marc
    SpOiLeR

basically, Johnny dies and he’s also apparently mexican

ape chy
    SG Regular
    wait bom r u serious lol

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ape chy For This Useful Post:
    BoM (09-28-2019), Kopsta (09-28-2019)

LivingLikeLarry
    Subscriber
    I am actually reading this book in English and we just started so I am not gonna read this shit so yea.

EvilEye
    SG Member
    The book was meh
    The movie was shit
    The author looks like she competitively eats kfc buckets
    Don't @ me