? servers

? players online

[JB] Warden: Controlling Chat with Warden

• Content Count:  2342

DISCLAIMER: Anything discussed in this thread is subject to change. Nothing here is set in stone and we're merely looking for opinions as to what features the community wants. We strongly encourage you to spread this thread around and get the opinions of as many players as possible.

This thread is related to the warden plugin that the Jailbreak team is considering implementing. We would like some input as to what the community feels is the best way of managing chat (mainly voice) as a warden. That is, if you're a player on Jailbreak and are warden, how do you want to be able to control the terrorists?

Some suggestions to get the discussion started:

1. Wardens shouldn't be able to mute anyone at all

2. Wardens should be able to mute Ts for a certain number of seconds so they can give an order

3. Wardens should be able to mute Ts and fellow CTs for a certain number of seconds so they can give an order without conflicting orders

Please read through the entirety of the thread to catch up on the discussion before posting. Thanks :). Some previous discussion around offmic can be found here.

You can find the warden megathread here.

• Like 1
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  701

I feel like wardens should be able to mute t's to give an order because if they can't mute anyone to give an order that order will be lost in all the chaotic mic spam, secondly i don't think they should be able to mute both ct's and t's because what if the t's are rushing a ct but the ct can't say all t's freeze because the warden muted them and is giving an order. Ct's should just not talk when the warden is giving an order and be respectful of it.

• Content Count:  1469

I personally think that the best way to go about this is to have a command where you can mute only the Ts for 15 seconds or mute both Ts and CTs for 10 seconds and the command can only be used once per round unless the warden mutes the Ts then mutes the CTs as well so basically it would still be a one time use

• Content Count:  590

Wardens should only be able to mute CT's to give orders and quiet the t's through the already existing "all t's off mic" command

I agree with idealist here, if wardens need to give an order they can just use the existing all ts off mic which is actually extremely effective because the only people that use their mics are the ones rebelling. CTs also tend to conflict each other’s orders a ton so the warden definitely should be able to mute the CTs. Also, taking away this much freedom from the players is extremely dangerous in a role play game mode and I think we can’t go crazy with the warden rules.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1987

3. Wardens should be able to mute Ts and fellow CTs for a certain number of seconds so they can give an order without conflicting orders

This is the idea that I agree most with. Since the warden will be/can be the one giving the main orders if there are a ton of players a CT mute/offmic command should be available. This’ll make it easier for the Warden to deliver his/her orders without the other CTs potentially conflicting or making it hard for the Ts to hear the Warden’s order. Although the situation of where Ts are rushing a CT they can still give a chat order (hate them but it’s a solution). For Ts I don’t believe a plug-in should be needed as they can be warning shot if told to be offmic and they’re not.

I don't really like this idea seeing as even though muting the ts would be nice muting the cts would be terrible. Think about it like this at if there was a certain order giving such as a bomb rush order or a fd order then there would be no way for cts to revoke set order on mic or if there bombrushing you cant tell them to freeze or perhaps add to the order.

Good to bring this up as personally it seems that it will be the main problem and lead to more changes. However, if CTs are muted they can still type in chat so they can proceed and deliver a chat order if anything like this was to happen. If not preferred then it will have to be stated in warden rules where they have to be extra cautious about their fellow CTs whereabouts and having the team killing rule be more enforced on them if such situations were to happen.

Edited by Trazz

• Content Count:  908

This is the idea that I agree most with. Since the warden will be/can be the one giving the main orders if there are a ton of players a CT mute/offmic command should be available. This’ll make it easier for the Warden to deliver his/her orders without the other CTs potentially conflicting or making it hard for the Ts to hear the Warden’s order. Although the situation of where Ts are rushing a CT they can still give a chat order (hate them but it’s a solution). For Ts I don’t believe a plug-in should be needed as they can be warning shot if told to be offmic and they’re not.

I agree with @Trazz on this, The warden should be able to mute Cts for a certain number of seconds with a cool down before the mute can be used again, To allow the warden to give orders when It's getting hectic. T's should not have a command to mute them because like Trazz said If they're being loud and they were told to be off mic you can warning shot then kill them if they're still talking. As drippy said this would be taking away a lot of freedom from the players. The T's can choose not to obey a order, although they may be killed for it they have that choice, A offmic command would take away their ability to do that.

Edited by Infinityward

• Content Count:  958

muting T’s isnt too much of an issue in my opinion. the off mic order exists and if T’s dont listen you can warning shot/kill them until they learn. muting cts would be an improvement as many many times multiple cts try to give orders at the same time and no one wants to back down. warden should be able to mute CTs for 5-10sec once or twice a round.

• Content Count:  223

I agree with @Trazz on this, The warden should be able to mute Cts for a certain number of seconds with a cool down before the mute can be used again, To allow the warden to give orders when It's getting hectic. T's should not have a command to mute them because like Trazz said If they're being loud and they were told to be off mic you can warning shot then kill them if they're still talking. As drippy said this would be taking away a lot of freedom from the players. The T's can choose not to obey a order, although they may be killed for it they have that choice, A offmic command would take away their ability to do that.

I don't really like this idea seeing as even though muting the ts would be nice muting the cts would be terrible. Think about it like this at if there was a certain order giving such as a bomb rush order or a fd order then there would be no way for cts to revoke set order on mic or if there bombrushing you cant tell them to freeze or perhaps add to the order.

• Content Count:  908

This is why it would only be needed when the CT’s are conflicting or being loud, If the warden is abusing it then make a player complaint or vote the warden out. The mute wouldn’t last for too long either, maybe 4-5 seconds. Jailbreak is at a state right now where CT’s are constantly conflicting or just being obnoxiously loud.

Reply to Thread