? servers

? players online

[JB] Warden: Attainment of Warden

• Content Count:  1920

So what this means is:

If we have no admin online to resign the player, the round will be a waste. In the grand scheme of things one round means nothing, but in the middle of the round the players will visibly be upset. I don't want to have to listen to shitty orders from a newer warden with forty minutes of playtime on SG, and twenty hours on Tango. Our active player base is already frustrated with the lack of punishment doled out to CT's breaking rules (Rightfully an admin can't see everything, but the number of complaints and whines I've seen in chat has increased as of late), so there's a big chance this idea doesn't take simply because of that. Unless the warden is breaking a bannable rule like KOS orders/freekilling, they're not getting banned from their player complaint. Unless you are more willing to dose out the number of CT-bans and Warden bans, I don't see this going in a good way. At the same time we're all just sitting on our asses and commenting about something that has never been done on SG jailbreak (Afaik), so I'm waiting for this to be implemented and tested on a live server.

(Sorry in advance for my grammar, on my phone.) That’s the thing really, we don’t know the absolute result of any of this because we don’t have any data to pull from on our servers. I was just throwing out my thoughts on how it should be implemented, and honestly getting something tested (no rush, because a less buggy, more complete plugin is far more worth the wait) will give us more answers than anything else will right now. To address your rebuttals, I can understand your frustration, but what difference will it make from where we are right now? People constantly bitch and whine in JB, it’s just the way things are, unfortunately. The goal of a warden system is to establish more order within the server and make it more manageable for the common player. On your 40 minute point, it takes all of 20 minutes in the server to even get a solid basic understanding of the rules, and general grasp of how the game mode plays out on our server. I understand barely anyone really goes through the rules and reads them as a new player, but even so if they ask in chat or make a mistake, they’re generally lead in the right direction or corrected by people who know the rules. Also goes to the point of time != quality. I’ll try and edit this when I’m back in my dorm after I’m done my last class in a couple hours in case I missed something.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  183

I feel there shouldn't be a queue i feel to get it you should have 2 hours on ct and at the beginning of the round type !w then it takes those requests and picks a random one to be the warden for the round i feel the voting the queue shouldn't be necessary but the 2 hours or some time needed is necessary whether it's 5 hours on ct or 30 minutes on ct

But overall a warden system is majorly needed whether the warden holds all the power like on other jb servers or he just keeps the peace it is majorly needed and i can't wait to see how you guys end up implementing it to SG JB (if it does get implemented)

Edited by Scuffed
Needed more info

Using a voting system will create an environment for abuse, and I'm not opposed to trying it out. However, I'm letting it be known that this will get abused fast. People who don't deserve it (or will use warden properly) will get warden, while those who aren't liked will rarely ever get it (regardless of how good of a CT they are).

That is the same issue I had with voting the voting system

i am fucking begging you guys to not implement a warden system. imo, what makes SG unique and a million times better than tango and edge JB is that each CT has equal power when giving orders. that creates a much better and more fair environment. also, when a warden makes a stupid bumrush order and traps his fellow CTs, the CTs are pretty much left for dead since they can't give an order to tell all the T's to freeze.

As others have said i see your concern but i feel if we implement it correctly it could help fix the issue of how JB is changing more toxicity is coming into the server and sometimes it's almost unbearable as ct to keep order when fellow ct's don't give two shits and are constantly screaming But if we implement it correctly we could fix that issue and keep our server unique

Because of toxicity and how it's hard to keep order I have not been as active as usual and have gotten tired of it and I feel if we implement the warden system it could help with keeping order and bring some of the Regs back to JB I know I would certainly get on more often if this is implemented and works as intended too

Edited by Scuffed
More info needed

Reply to Thread