? servers

? players online

(Jb) Warden

• Content Count:  107

Whilst playing on jailbreak micspamming isnt that bad, but there should be like a warden when 10+cts are on because the micspam gets pretty chaotic and everybody is talking over eachother and the orders get conflicted or confused .

• Content Count:  3294

Whilst playing on jailbreak micspamming isnt that bad, but there should be like a warden when 10+cts are on because the micspam gets pretty chaotic and everybody is talking over eachother and the orders get conflicted or confused .

This was one of the major topics of yesterdays JB Community Meeting. The main ideas were to have a random assignment when there were 25+ players online. The warden would be able to retire their role and they'd automatically give the first order. Along with that, the warden can only be someone with x+ hours and admins would be able to switch the warden role as they see fit. If a player doesn't have a microphone they should also retire their warden role.

Any ideas concerning a reputation system or vote system should be scrapped (IMO) because it would be abused immediately. However, for now we should just wait for the new thread (as stated a few times in this thread).

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  820

Warden is going to be implemented on the server in the coming weeks

It was announced at the JB community meeting

We’re not entirely sure how we want to set it up and what powers the warden will have but it is being decided...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  701

Although the idea of a warden sounds amazing to keep the voice chat more calm and not as loud, i feel like it would not be a very good idea. The Fast paced rebelling style of game play that we have on the server would not suit having a warden for numerous amounts of reasons.

1. The warden might be a newer player who doesn't have a mic or doesn't know the rules.

2. Some maps such as razor and revamp, the t's can get out of cells before the ct's get out of armory therefore the warden cant control them and give them an order because they are all spread out across the map.

One of the reasons why our server is a lot different from the others is because it has more of a DM feel than a role play feel. I am not apposed to switching to a role play type game but with most of the maps that get played (razor, revamp and vip) there isn't a lot of things to do on the map so it would be a very boring 20-30 minutes on the map. I like the idea of a warden but it would switch up the core game play of the server and we'd become one of the regular jailbreak servers. Also if warden were to be added admins should be able to ban someone from using warden for X amount of time if they abuse it, such as giving dumb orders all the time or if they did something stupid just like ct banning. Just some of my thoughts on adding a Warden.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3294

Although the idea of a warden sounds amazing to keep the voice chat more calm and not as loud, i feel like it would not be a very good idea. The Fast paced rebelling style of game play that we have on the server would not suit having a warden for numerous amounts of reasons.

1. The warden might be a newer player who doesn't have a mic or doesn't know the rules. That why we have the requirement for wardens to have a certain number of hours on our server+. On top of that if they don't have a mic they can retire their role. If we get a troll CT we can either report them/blacklist them from warden or take control. I would imagine some safety feature would be in place for a situation like this (I just don't know what).

2. Some maps such as razor and revamp, the t's can get out of cells before the ct's get out of armory therefore the warden cant control them and give them an order because they are all spread out across the map. The same applies here as does FO, CT's are able to control a situation like this regardless of having the warden plugin or not.

One of the reasons why our server is a lot different from the others is because it has more of a DM feel than a role play feel. I am not apposed to switching to a role play type game but with most of the maps that get played (razor, revamp and vip) there isn't a lot of things to do on the map so it would be a very boring 20-30 minutes on the map. I like the idea of a warden but it would switch up the core game play of the server and we'd become one of the regular jailbreak servers. Also if warden were to be added admins should be able to ban someone from using warden for X amount of time if they abuse it, such as giving dumb orders all the time or if they did something stupid just like ct banning. Just some of my thoughts on adding a Warden. Something brought up in the JB Meeting (and something @Fantastic stressed) is that this is a time to be able to form and look at how our server is played. Currently when we have over 20-30 people it gets extremely hectic, and that's why a warden who would be able to control things woukd make it easier. It's not like we're removing the ability for other CT's to give orders, a warden would just be able to override a shitty one.

Yessir

• Like 4

• Content Count:  183

I feel like we've needed this since I started playing jb about a year ago I feel as this is great and we can still keep us different from other jb servers if we implement it in the right way I'm excited to see how this will end up :)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  209

This would make late night JB better but, it could be abused so i have an idea and maybe someone already said but, make the command so the warden would have to be voted by other cts like the leader on ZE, so that warden could be someone cts trust to well and not someone who doesn't know rules.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread