? servers

? players online

!calladmin

• Content Count:  2342

in the jb community meeting today the !calladmin command was discussed and i just wanna make sure its not forgotten about. i believe Poke brought up removing the “an admin in game has been notified” message so that people dont abuse it to check for undercover admins.

Done on JB. Have you noticed any other servers where this message is still active?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1105

in the jb community meeting today the !calladmin command was discussed and i just wanna make sure its not forgotten about. i believe Poke brought up removing the “an admin in game has been notified” message so that people dont abuse it to check for undercover admins.

I know regular players know how to abuse the use of !calladmin allowing them to see admins in stealth as well because I had my name changed and someone used !calladmin and since they did not see me in the spectate list they called out in chat basically exposing me to everyone in the server that an admin was on and not to break any rules. As well as what @TheZZL said there is no need to expose admins because we are obviously there and undercover for a reason it just makes our job a whole lot harder when you give us away.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  958

I know regular players know how to abuse the use of !calladmin allowing them to see admins in stealth as well because I had my name changed and someone used !calladmin and since they did not see me in the spectate list they called out in chat basically exposing me to everyone in the server that an admin was on and not to break any rules. As well as what @TheZZL said there is no need to expose admins because we are obviously there and undercover for a reason it just makes our job a whole lot harder when you give us away.

This has happened to me multiple times over the past month and it’s really annoying. people not on my friends list find out im undercover and decide to announce it to the server for whatever reason. I’ve seen this happen to a bunch of other admins as well. I dont think anyone wants this but if it continues I think some sort of punishment for giving away undercover admins might have to be considered and talked about. this is something that happens way too often for no good reason. If anyone finds any other ways to abuse the system and see if admins are online feel free to mention it.

• Content Count:  1253

I did this a few times and I apologize for it but !calladmin is just to call an admin if there is a rule breaker. I’ve accidentally exposed a few admins undercover because I thought it showed everyone just as if you were to hit TAB on your keyboard. @Dom I think if you do Status in console you could possibly see an admin not to sure though.

Reply to Thread