? servers

? players online

[JB] Cooldown for Talking

• Content Count:  3294

This idea was suggested during the Jailbreak Meeting today.

The general gist was:

A plugin that cools down talking perms

You talk for however many seconds, once you stop you have to wait that time for talking to be cool-downed

I think it would be a cool idea, regardless if we get the warden plugin or not. T's would have 10 seconds of talking time, and a ten-second cooldown. CT's would have a thirty second talking time and a 5-second cooldown. These numbers are completely arbitrary, but this idea isn't too far fetched either. Thoughts?

Credits to @Infinityward for the idea.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  958

what happens if you let go of your push to talk mid order? or if you need a T to explain themselves for something. i get where youre coming from but i think it would lead to a lot of complications. maybe have a similar sort of system when theres more than 25 players on cause if theres only 10 people there isnt really a point

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3294

what happens if you let go of your push to talk mid order? or if you need a T to explain themselves for something. i get where youre coming from but i think it would lead to a lot of complications. maybe have a similar sort of system when theres more than 25 players on cause if theres only 10 people there isnt really a point

I guess you're right on this one, the wardens future !offmic command would help out a lot more.

This delves into this thread but an !offmicCT and !offmicT wouldn't be bad.

• Content Count:  299

After talking with the JB team this isn't something we want to actively pursue. The benefits don't outweigh the cons that come with implementing a cool down when Ts and CTs talk. This also restricts people to talking for a certain amount of time which is not something we feel would be a good fit in our JailBreak server. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread