? servers

? players online

Extending Round Times

• Content Count:  1469

I was thinking a minute and a half of no deaths the round ends, this way people aren’t forced to wait an extremely long time. Just to add, all of this round time extension and round ender would only be enabled with a certain number of people alive..

It’s not really about exploring the map, but being able to do more fun things. If there’s delay that’s where the round ender comes in play.

We should not have an automatic system that will end the round if certain requirements are met, as every round is played out differently

• Content Count:  498

It's a jailbreak match not a comp match each round should be longer although if 1 t is the last t and hides in some really obscure corner of the map then you have a problem of ts delaying round (which there is nothing in the rules against)

• Content Count:  3294

It's a jailbreak match not a comp match each round should be longer although if 1 t is the last t and hides in some really obscure corner of the map then you have a problem of ts delaying round (which there is nothing in the rules against)

That happens, but not as frequently as you'd think.

We should not have an automatic system that will end the round if certain requirements are met, as every round is played out differently

This would be if we extended rounds. I understand where you're coming from, but if we had rounds lasting upwards of seven minutes we'd get a lot of delaying. I think we should wait until we can try an extended round on one of the maps considered (Arcade, Clouds, etc.), and then see where we go from there with this idea.

• Content Count:  1920

I think that we should test it out and extend the round to like 6 minutes but not 7-8 minutes. Most of these big maps CTs just order them to go to one or two areas and have Ts sit there for the rest of the round majority of the time. I don’t think that extending the time that much will help players explore the map but would rather delay the round even longer.

I can agree with this pretty much. I feel for larger maps it can't hurt to test a possible minute extension so people have a longer time to do map games such as climb, surf, etc. I think there are cases where extending round time on certain maps can both help and hurt. For instance, on larger maps this allows players to do more, and to have more time to figure out how to rebel and gives more time for cts to give orders. On the contrary, this can also lead to (like you said) just delaying of rounds, which is why testing is needed.

As I said, I think this would be a good thing to test because I really feel this is something we can't truly judge the impact until we actually do it. I believe this is small enough of a change to be able to collect data without much interruption in the normal way of things. If we like it, keep it and if not, then just keep it the way it has been.

this could potentially lead to the "troll" cts freekilling random Ts to keep the round from auto ending

If people do this, they will promptly be punished. If there are no admins on, as @TheZZL said, make a player complaint.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  2342

As mentioned previously in this thread and the JB community meeting we're discussing adding variable round times that depend on the map. For example, larger maps like Clouds and Moonjail which offer more to do may have an extended round time whereas smaller maps where rebelling is a lot easier such as Razor will have the same round time. Feel free to leave your thoughts on this suggested change.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

What I said in another thread is what I still think.

for most rounds we don't get close to the round end, in most situations the round has wrapped up by the 5 minute timer and the rounds that do go to the 5 minute mark usually are because of people delaying or nothing happening. Increasing the timer would only make those rounds last unnecessarily longer and hurt the server rather than help in my opinion.

Edited by Lokibelowkey

• Content Count:  2342

Extending round times seems counter intuitive for the way this server is played. This is something that I looked at as the jailbreak AO a couple of years ago and decided against doing it. I believe all ts and @Dominic also looked into this possibility and decided against it as well.

For certain maps like Clouds it's fairly difficult to rebel and most rounds end up being played out with Ts playing with map features. With this in mind, are you still against extending round times depending on the map?

• Content Count:  2206

For certain maps like Clouds it's fairly difficult to rebel and most rounds end up being played out with Ts playing with map features. With this in mind, are you still against extending round times depending on the map?

Yea but isn't that more because the CTs aren't really giving them a way to rebel, extending the round time would just drag that out longer in my opinion

Reply to Thread