? servers

? players online

Extending Round Times

• Content Count:  2342

Yea but isn't that more because the CTs aren't really giving them a way to rebel, extending the round time would just drag that out longer in my opinion

Definitely a valid argument and I definitely see your POV. On maps like CTs tend to give Ts the opportunity to do climb and so the main argument made in the meeting was that they weren't able to finish climb. Like you and @idealist said this seems counter-intuitive to the point of JB so this is something I'll bring up with the team when we make a decision on this.

@Infinityward (and others), any response to the above ^?

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  908

Definitely a valid argument and I definitely see your POV. On maps like CTs tend to give Ts the opportunity to do climb and so the main argument made in the meeting was that they weren't able to finish climb. Like you and @idealist said this seems counter-intuitive to the point of JB so this is something I'll bring up with the team when we make a decision on this.

@Infinityward (and others), any response to the above ^?

The point of extending the round time on certain maps was to allow T's to finish certain games and explore the map in full, I hadn't really thought of what @Fuze brought up, but that could definitely be a problem. I don't really see any way other to fix this other than maybe allowing deathgames to be forced early.

• Content Count:  5377

For certain maps like Clouds it's fairly difficult to rebel and most rounds end up being played out with Ts playing with map features. With this in mind, are you still against extending round times depending on the map?

The objective for prisoners is to rebel and take control of the prison not fuck around on the monkey bars and swingsets

• Like 4

• Content Count:  416

The objective for prisoners is to rebel and take control of the prison not fuck around on the monkey bars and swingsets

Exactly this. How are we going to expect players who rebel to stay on the server for multiple rounds at a time if we increase the round time? Those same T's are still just going to die in the first two minutes and sit spectating for another 5. Sitting in dead is already annoying enough for the rebellers as they have to watch the less capable T's just delay or not rebel and play deathgames. Sure, they can play like that, but it goes against the very objective of JB. Increasing round times would only cause for more abilities to delay rounds unintentionally as T's through "exploration" of a map.

• Content Count:  223

Some maps are quite big and i do agree that the ts don't have enough time to do climb, surf, pool e.t.c but however, a lot of players love to rebel and a lot of maps like you said moon jail, clouds and under tale u can rebel at the start of the round. So if this was implemented it would make it so those players that don't play jb to do the activities and just rebel and have fun they would spend more time in spec mode rather then actually playing the game.

• Content Count:  1987

Spoke with the JB team and came to the conclusion that to implement something like this would not be ideal for our servers as a Ts' main job is to rebel. To create a plugin for this would just be too much effort for too little of a reward.

Extending round times seems counter intuitive for the way this server is played. This is something that I looked at as the jailbreak AO a couple of years ago and decided against doing it. I believe all ts and @Dominic also looked into this possibility and decided against it as well.
  • Like 2

Reply to Thread