Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Raventi
    SG Professional

Borderlands 3 REVIEW

Making this a separate thread since this might get overlooked if I put it in the other Borderlands 3 thread, sorry :P

That's right we're back with another review since CS:GO kinda died for me!

In case you do not know what the Borderlands games are about, there are Vaults that contain untold treasure and you play as one of the Vault Hunters. As the name suggests, you hunt down vaults! Killing bandits, psychos, beasts, robots, and a whole lot of things along the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlike BL:TPS which got pretty negative feedback compared to BL2, BL3 is looking very promising so far. First of all, there have been many minor additions to BL3 that I just absolutely love.
    - There is a little more customisation in terms of cosmetics compared to previous games.
    >You can now customise your own colors for characters and vehicles instead of having preset color options.
    >You can also customise the loadout of your vehicle; wheels, mod, weapons.
    - There is now the ability to edge grab and climb onto things so you can reach higher places (it's like Mirror's Edge up in this bitch).
    - Some weapons now have the option of switching fire modes! You can switch from semi-auto to auto, element from element, and even main weapon to underbarrel attachment!
    - Small loot like ammo, money, and health syringes now automatically get picked up by you instead of having to press/hold E
    - There is now a ping button to ping areas or loot for your buddies
    - Switching missions is VERY easy now, instead of having to go into the menu all the time (which you can still do if you want), you can now just press the bracket keys to quick swap missions (I fucking love this feature since I do side missions a lot)
    - A whole lotta stuff that you just gotta find out for yourself

I have not payed much attention to the graphics but I have noticed that the graphics are more refined compared to previous games. Elemental effects look much cooler. The new sounds for everything are very refreshing and are pretty satisfying.

I have trouble concentrating on the story when I'm in discord with friends but so far from what I've grasped of the story, it's not too bad. Seems interesting enough for the few hours I played but not anything super overwhelming, guess we'll just have to play more to see.

I'm not gonna go into the different characters since that's something you'll have to pick for yourselves depending on your playstyle. Also because I barely looked into them myself, only enough to know who I wanted.

If you have enjoyed any of the previous Borderlands games then I would highly recommend playing this one. I am absolutely loving the gameplay so far and I am excited to see where this game will go and what new things I will discover as I play!

8 outta 8, would masturb8!

I have a 2 and a half hour stream VOD of gameplay if you're interested but you'll have to dig around twitch since I don't have permission to advertise my channel

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raventi For This Useful Post:
    Cutesicle (09-14-2019), Zaraki (09-14-2019)

Zaraki
    SG Grandmaster
    I'm picking it up later today, probably will take me more than a few months to finish it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zaraki For This Useful Post:
    Raventi (09-15-2019)

FLuiD
    cunt
    the game has been a blast so far, highly recommend. Won't say whether it's better than bl2 or not because I haven't played enough to make that decision yet, but you should definitely pick it up if you haven't already.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FLuiD For This Useful Post:
    PHNX (09-20-2019)

Zaraki
    SG Grandmaster
    Just got into Sanctuary 3, craving the SUD upgrades for my backpack so hard :o

Raventi
    SG Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    Just got into Sanctuary 3, craving the SUD upgrades for my backpack so hard :o
    bro these upgrades are making me go bankrupt time and time again. its nice paying with cash instead of eridium but man oh man does it hurt sometimes. my next backpack upgrade is $243k ;-;

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Raventi For This Useful Post:
    FLuiD (09-27-2019)

BoM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raventi View Post
    bro these upgrades are making me go bankrupt time and time again. its nice paying with cash instead of eridium but man oh man does it hurt sometimes. my next backpack upgrade is $243k ;-;
    The final upgrade of each costs over 2 million. :D

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BoM For This Useful Post:
    FLuiD (09-27-2019)

Zaraki
    SG Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by BoM View Post
    The final upgrade of each costs over 2 million. :D
    Can you get Legendary drops again from the same character? Got the One Pump Chump at level 12 and now i'm 17

BoM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaraki View Post
    Can you get Legendary drops again from the same character? Got the One Pump Chump at level 12 and now i'm 17
    yeah you get repeats all the time. sucks when you're hunting for a certain gun

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BoM For This Useful Post:
    Zaraki (09-20-2019)

whimsy
    SG's best bhopper
    just completed my first playthrough, I couldn't name a better series

Zaraki
    SG Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by whimsy View Post
    just completed my first playthrough, I couldn't name a better series
    What time did it approximately take you to finish it? I'm 10 hours in with a friend and the next time I'll be able to play is in a week and a half.