? servers

? players online

Racism

• Content Count:  1987

Why is racism up to "admin discretion"

Racism shouldn't be tolerated whatsoever. There is never a reason to actually use such a vulgar language. When I came back to playing SG this year it was updated to admin discretion. When previously it was not acceptable. Racism is supposed to be getting better in the world. Yet we still accept it on the servers?

I fully agree that racism should not be tolerated but in present day a lot of people’s dialect have developed the use of the n word mainly in casual conversations. On servers from what I see as long as they are not spamming it and/or insulting one with it then it is fine. Previously there were times where people got banned out of saying the word from normal habit and no bad intent was from it.

But the toxicity on the shout box stays there either way

It’s not toxic but more of friendly banter. If someone was actually being toxic then they can be punished for it.

Edited by idealist

• Content Count:  5375

Should probably update that thread :|

I'll keep it short because I'm at work but racism is still not allowed at SG. Any sort of harassment or derogatory language aimed at people should be getting warned and then banned if continued. The rule changed to allow slang In casual conversation. If you see someone using the language in a discriminatory fashion please don't hesitate to submit a player complaint.

pretty sure this wraps this up.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread