Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    roux

[DATA EXPUNGED]

2019 Canadian Federal Election

The election campaign started today, and the vote is to be had on the 21st of October. This year's election is fairly tight compared to 4 years ago and promises to be a shitshow, notably because of the new conservative leader and the foundation of Bernier's PPC. The debate has largely diverged in the recent years, and issues have become polarized more and more because of scandals and provincial elections.

Here are seats & popular vote projections from yesterday, by 338canada's analyst.

Not really looking forward to this. Scheer's pipeline policies are very scary for Qc and BC, most notably, his anti-abortion agenda caused quite a commotion this summer, and his poor plan for environmental protection is also lacking. As for Trudeau, scandals and inconsistencies aren't more comforting than Scheer's shitty propositions, and a lot of what he said has not happened, as well as hypocritical projects and laws that have seen the day in the last years. I'll probably end up praying the Libs get to power with minority, to ensure a certain level of bipartisan lawmaking and a little bit of discussion in parliament. NDP's been losing a terrifying amount of voters, the BQ's rising a little bit, the Greens are gaining support (but not many seats) and Bernier's PPC is a fucking flaming trashcan.

I know some fellow Canadians out here are over 18 and could vote, curious to see what some of us think about this.

EDIT: CBC's compass is out now, fairly detailed as well. https://votecompass.cbc.ca/canada/survey

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roux For This Useful Post:
    AIex (09-11-2019), Lokibelowkey (09-11-2019), Prez (09-11-2019), Soul (09-11-2019)

Prez
    SG Grandmaster
    Personally, I think we have 0 good options whatsoever and I have no clue what/who I will vote for.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Prez For This Useful Post:
    Cutesicle (09-12-2019), fantastic (09-11-2019), Lokibelowkey (09-11-2019), Soul (09-11-2019), WillofCamelot (09-11-2019)

Gentoo
    Bowlcut Trimmer
    1535570839432m.jpg

Bruh, 40% of your country is trees. Are you guys really super concerned about environmental policy?

Dom
    [redacted]
    Canada needs to stop with the progressive bullshit if they want a functioning society. fuck both parties. fuck democracy. embrace the third position

Dom
    [redacted]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    I agree 100% Americans need to get some braincells
    its not the americans, its society and the people who run it. the media, celebrities and corporations pushing their destructive agendas for their own gain. politics is fucked. people are gonna get tired of this autistic bullshit and there’ll prob be a revolution in our lifetimes. can we just go back to the days when if you had a problem with a cunt you could just duel him in the streets

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom For This Useful Post:
    Lizard (09-11-2019)

roux

[DATA EXPUNGED]

Quote Originally Posted by Prez View Post
    Personally, I think we have 0 good options whatsoever and I have no clue what/who I will vote for.
    I might end up voting BQ or Green simply because I don't trust the two main candidates enough. The Trudeau administration really left a sour taste in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
    1535570839432m.jpg

Bruh, 40% of your country is trees. Are you guys really super concerned about environmental policy?
    40%? that's low!

In all seriousness, the environmental policies are mostly against the Western provinces' Oil Sands industry, which emits pollution beyond anything in the petrol industry, and private corporations are lobbying to build pipelines to transport their oil across the country, which is very, very unpopular in Qc and BC, for many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    Canada needs to stop with the progressive bullshit if they want a functioning society. fuck both parties. fuck democracy. embrace the third position

its not the americans, its society and the people who run it. the media, celebrities and corporations pushing their destructive agendas for their own gain. politics is fucked. people are gonna get tired of this autistic bullshit and there’ll prob be a revolution in our lifetimes. can we just go back to the days when if you had a problem with a cunt you could just duel him in the streets
    Enlightened souls like yours make me realize that my degree in politics was not worth completing, but I think my good friend Rust said it better:

Quote Originally Posted by Caution View Post
    How old are you?

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to roux For This Useful Post:
    BoM (09-12-2019), fantastic (09-11-2019), Kieran (09-12-2019), Korean Ninja (09-15-2019), Phoenix_ (09-12-2019), Soul (09-11-2019), Tyymunk (09-11-2019)

SilentGuns

fuck democracy
    fuck fascists

idealist
    Dazed and Confused
    What do paint chips taste like?

You're all entitled to your opinions but sometimes it's better to not open your mouth.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to idealist For This Useful Post:
    Strayyz (09-12-2019)

Phoenix_
    sadboy™

When I read this, I thought I was reading the writings of my ignorant 14-year old edgy views. I then checked your admin application and saw you are supposedly 18. I'm seriously scared that people like you are allowed to vote in next year's election. I highly suggest you actually read into policies and where the world really is compared to getting your news from some knock-off Alex Jones.

Personal gripes aside, I haven't read too much into Canadian politics as it doesn't pertain to me too much, but I know that the Trudeau administration has not done too well in the eyes of many Canadians. I just hope he isn't re-elected and someone with at least more than 2 brain cells is.

BoM
    Okay

@idealist sooo are we trying paint chips later? I gotta try and understand this rhetoric somehow.