? servers

? players online

[JB] Increasing round times

• Content Count:  3294

With the new rule allowing more than one deathgame per round, I think we should consider extending the round timer. As long as I can remember people from other communities have asked for an increased round time, and I think now it might help. Our current round times are 5:00, I think increasing them by a minute and a half would help.

On top of that, I hope we can also increase the time to do deathgames to 5:00. This way, rounds would start at 6:30, and we could force a deathgame at 5:00.

This is simply to have a discussion about it, not implementing this into the server wouldn't damage it in any way.

• Content Count:  1583

So you want rounds to consist of 4 Ts running around or doing LRs for 5 minutes? Nah fam.

Also I believe the rule amendment was specifically made in the event that a deathgame is not functioning as intended.

I wouldn't necessarily be against increasing round times, but the deathgame time should remain at 2:30.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  958

with one deathgame it was rare for more than 4 T's to survive unless you stopped it early so i dont see a need to increase the round time. if you start deathgames at 2:30 you can force up to 3 deathgames depending on how fast it takes for ts to go from one to the next.

Also I believe the rule amendment was specifically made in the event that a deathgame is not functioning as intended.

this is how I understood it at first but me and ZZL discussed it in game and i can understand his interpretation of the rule as well. i think it needs to be clarified in the rules since as of right now they just removed the one deathgame per round rule.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  697

for most rounds we don't get close to the round end, in most situations the round has wrapped up by the 5 minute timer and the rounds that do go to the 5 minute mark usually are because of people delaying or nothing happening. Increasing the timer would only make those rounds last unnecessarily longer and hurt the server rather than help in my opinion.

Also on the note of death games earlier I Hugely disagree, the first order and when t's get to talk is one minute in to be able to do death games 30 seconds after that would completely defeat the purpose of having a time restriction on the death games.

overall I feel that these idea's aren't in the best interest of the server and its unique identity.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  416

Personally I heavily disagree that the round timer should be increased. If anything, I feel like it should be decreased to either four minutes or 4:30. Constant draws between non rebelling T's/delaying CT's happens often, and I'm sure that many others feel demotivated to play when they die in the first 30 seconds and have to sit out 4 minutes 10-15 rounds in a row. I'm not really sure why multiple death-games (wasn't it only for broken deathgames?) would want you to up the round time in the first place; the server isn't orientated around deathgames enough for that to be of use. It would only delay rounds more and demotivate the player base, especially T's to continue playing in long sessions.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2342

Just to clear up a misconception - the removal of the rule "CTs can only force one death-game per round" was made because the number of Ts alive usually dips below 4 after the first deathgame and CTs wouldn't be able to force a second deathgame anyways. In the event that they did stop the first deathgame with >4 Ts alive and wanted to start a second, we didn't see anything wrong with that so we just removed the rule. If we wanted to limit forcing a second deathgame to only the case where the first deathgame failed/wasn't functioning as intended we would have added that clause in the rule :) although it certainly had a factor in the rule removal. @TheZZL @Gentoo @Dom @Lokibelowkey @Ray

I'll add my own thoughts later so as not to interrupt the good discussion that's going on.

• Like 2
Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  416

Just to clear up a misconception - the removal of the rule "CTs can only force one death-game per round" was made because the number of Ts alive usually dips below 4 after the first deathgame and CTs wouldn't be able to force a second deathgame anyways. In the event that they did stop the first deathgame with >4 Ts alive and wanted to start a second, we didn't see anything wrong with that so we just removed the rule. If we wanted to limit forcing a second deathgame to only the case where the first deathgame failed/wasn't functioning as intended we would have added that clause in the rule :). @TheZZL @Gentoo @Dom @Lokibelowkey @Ray

I'll add my own thoughts later so as not to interrupt the good discussion that's going on.

Even after the rule I still don't see why it should prompt increasing round times. Our server isn't oriented for death games to that extent.

• Content Count:  958

with the new rule clarified, I still think there no reason to increase the round timer. as Fantastic said, the number of T's usually drops to 4 or less after one deathgame. considering most of the forced deathgames are more luck than skill (ie deathcrate, 4 corners, traitor, colours [to some extent, ie. if you're a disabled colourblind fuck like me] etc.) its rare for more than 4 T's to survive the full 45 seconds. with the new rules maybe the community could come up with new deathgames that rely less on luck and replace some of the less used deathgames or the community map makers add strafe jump or decathlon etc. to old/new maps. if this was to happen then i could see a reason to increase round times a little bit.

• Content Count:  2342

Talked with the team again and we decided to reject this. Rounds tend to be over by the time the round ends, and in cases where the round does drag on in most cases it's because the Ts have rebelled and CTs are camping. Not only this, but deathgames usually kill most of the Ts anyway - we have more trouble with people not stopping the deathgame in time than people stopping the deathgame early enough to start another deathgame. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread