Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Ned
    Creator of Ape Escape

Updated Karma Discussion

Recently we changed our karma system to where you'll have 1k karma every map rather than no cap karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Sad View Post
    Here's how it's going to work: Everyone starts with 1000 karma every map, you get your karma, map changes, karma resets back to 1000.

Another big part of the karma system that's being changed is the way you increase/decrease your karma. Right now before this update, values are sorta small and easy to deal with, but now these values have changed heavily.

These are the NEW values for karma awards/penalties.

Detective Killing Detective: -100
    Detective Killing Innocent: -25
    Detective Killing Traitor: +15
    Innocent Killing Detective: -75
    Innocent Killing Innocent: -40
    Innocent Killing Traitor: +20
    Traitor Killing Detective: +20
    Traitor Killing Innocent: +5
    Traitor Killing Traitor: -30

Since I already know there's going to be a alot questions about these changes, I've prepared an extremely small Q&A to answer easy questions. If you want to ask very big questions, keep an eye out, we will be having a TTT Community Meeting in the near future.

• "Are these values permanent?"
      Spoiler
    • For the tryhards… "What will happen to karma contests?"
      Spoiler

Some of you guys liked the idea of the karma change while others disagree. Please use this thread & post your opinions on why we should keep or change the karma update.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ned For This Useful Post:
    bat (09-08-2019), BoM (09-06-2019), English (09-06-2019), FLuiD (09-16-2019), TheZZL (09-06-2019)

BoM
    I APPROVE OF THESE KARMA CHANGES. PLEASE NEVER CHANGE AGAIN.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BoM For This Useful Post:
    Ned (09-06-2019)

nesquik
    lets go
    I love the idea of this gmod-style karma system, but I still feel like we should implement a multi-map karma system just to help players and admins investigate a history of this person. You don’t even have to have the multi-map system affect the player’s damage values, just being able to see what kind of player they are, like if they are new and have 1000 karma, or if they played for a long time and have 5000 karma, like before.

Also, I forgot to say this but basically have the single-map karma system count for your damage values, and have the multi-map system just be a general number to see what kind of player someone is. We would have both the single and multi map karma system be on the server at the same time also. I wasn’t there for the meeting and if this was discussed or not, and if anyone wants to add on to this go ahead.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nesquik For This Useful Post:
    Ned (09-06-2019), Synk (09-06-2019), TheZZL (09-06-2019)

LargeAll
    SG Regular
    1500 cap, resets daily to 1k:

- the 1500 cap can be lower, it's just a small safety net so regs who kills innos for valid reason dont go negative (below 1k) and get punished immediately nor let people hoover up points just to get some rdm in mid map.

- the "reset daily" bit is so mass rdmers/habitual rdmers still get punished after the first map of the incident, hopefully delaying further damage until an admin gets on

Seperate point system:

- Points are an extremely good motivator, as karma was used for this (at first unintentionally) for keeping people on, so if someone could be bothered to program it, how having two point systems, with "karma" being the system in place to do as it's supposed to (semi-automod) and a new system "ttt points" that (almost) never resets and has no cap for point contests and even perks if requested.

- And gameme just motivates people to killfag, killing people off of technicalities instead of will to find the traitor and adding frustration if one is never the traitor, I've seen other servers rework gameme to fit certain needs (like giving points for how much damage a person has done) but I've heard it's not really possible for killing certain people(?)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LargeAll For This Useful Post:
    Ned (09-06-2019)

Lokibelowkey
    SG Addict
    Quick idea, up the values for doing good actions make it a two way street where if you do really well you get quite a bit of karma and if you rdm alot you are sent into the shadow realm.

Ned
    Creator of Ape Escape

Quote Originally Posted by Lokibelowkey View Post
    Quick idea, up the values for doing good actions make it a two way street where if you do really well you get quite a bit of karma and if you rdm alot you are sent into the shadow realm.
    if ur implementing auto ban for low karma not happening.

Lokibelowkey
    SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    if ur implementing auto ban for low karma not happening.
    I didnt say auto ban?
    What I meant by shadow realm is low karma low damage

nesquik
    lets go
    I didnt say auto ban?
    What I meant by shadow realm is low karma low damage
    This... is already what’s in place... are you saying to make things more extreme so if someone has 10000 karma they won’t get the freedom to just rdm until the next karma reset? Like have the karma values scaled so saying when you have 2000 points, an innocent killing another innocent would result in -50 instead of -40, like how it is at 1000?

Synk
    In need of a girlfriend
    I agree with @nesquik on this there should be two different kinds of karma or points. One for the current map and one that would follow the play on multiple maps. It's really hard to tell if someone is new of if they are just purposely RDM'ing. I understand that we don't have the plug-in to add both but it would truly be the best of both worlds where people can be competitive for karma and have a incentive to not rdm or kill innos, and to help admins see who is frequently RDM'ing.

Lokibelowkey
    SG Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by nesquik View Post
    This... is already what’s in place... are you saying to make things more extreme so if someone has 10000 karma they won’t get the freedom to just rdm until the next karma reset? Like have the karma values scaled so saying when you have 2000 points, an innocent killing another innocent would result in -50 instead of -40, like how it is at 1000?
    just saying that since you lose karma so easily as per the new update, I feel that its should be more give and take on the server rather than just one sided where you only lose a lot especially with the system resetting every map so values are not kept so it is not like they are going to get that high. So all that i am suggesting is that we make the values higher for Good actions, such as kill innocents as a traitor or killing traitors as innocent/detective. That way if you do really well you can get a good amount of karma and subsequently you can also lose a lot of karma too Which is already in place, I am not saying that we should take it to an extreme but rather change the positive end a little. i did make it quite late at night so sorry for any confusion.