? servers

? players online

[TTT] Points System

• Content Count:  3294

This was discussed in the TTT Community meeting on 9/6/19 .

Post karma system revamp, some casual players have been feeling upset over not being able to wrack up their karma and see a progression in valuable TTT play. @LargeAll and I (Along with Montag briefly mentioning it) suggested implemented a seperate points system.

This point system would ideally track all your karma (until a server-wide karma reset [Not a map change]) and continue to wrack it up in a !top or !stats . If you had a total of 2k earned karma one map and 3k the next, on the map after your karma would still be 1000 but you would gain 5K "points".

• Like 1
Edited by Zayne

• Content Count:  1583

We already have !kills (I think? Maybe it's !stats) in place which tracks your long term total kills of each role, and ranks you against other players on a leaderboard. I really don't see the need for another command to be implemented unless people are super passionate against RDMs counting against your rank.

• Content Count:  697

Something that might be a good idea is to make kills permanent where it detracts a kill for bad action and adds one for good action, like if you kill an inno as an inno you kills go down by one but if you kill a t as an inno it goes up by 1. Just a general thought I think It could be a good and accessible system

• Content Count:  1920

Hey! sorry for the late reply on this, but this is something that will need to be discussed more before we reach a definite decision on what we want to do with this concept.

Edit: Does the public have any more input on this idea? We will gladly take any input we can get.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  84

It seems I might be a little late to this thread but here's my opinion anyhow. With this new karma system I believe that it devalues the importance of not killing innocents because it used to give you -20 karma which counted towards your total karma. With the current system it gives me a feeling of "Oh, I just killed an innocent. Eh, Whatever it'll reset next map anyways" and there is no negative association with it. Also with the current karma system, like ZZL said doesn't feel like there's any progression to the game mode at all. Back when I used to play TTT a lot I didn't play for the !shop points, I played for the karma leaderboards. Although the main problem back in those days was that the karma leader boards didn't really reset at all, I think I got up to something like 20k karma in 6 months? I think this might have of deterred new players from competing in the karma leaderboards because the players in !ktop had such a head-start on them. If you guys do decide to revert back to the old karma system I think that karma leaderboards should reset each month and provide an incentive to be #1 on !ktop at the end of the month. Maybe a skin that you can only equip by being #1 on ktop at the end of the month or something like that? In any case I think that going back to the old karma system would be beneficial to the server to promote proper play (not killing innocents) and to increase competitiveness on the server via karma leaderboards.

-Thanks for reading.

• Like 3
Edited by EpicFP

Reply to Thread