? servers

? players online

Should genetic modification of babies be allowed?

• Content Count:  958

with the advancements in technology, the possibility of modifying genes seems closer than ever. is it morally acceptable to modify the genes of a baby before they are born? is there a line that should be drawn? for example, would the removal of certain genes that cause diseases and shit like schizophrenia be more acceptable then modifying genes to make sure your kid has brown hair, green eyes and is at least 6’3.

some of the main issues i see arising with genetic modification is a) the military/elite class trying to produce “superhumans” by inserting genes that make people more athletic, strong, smart etc. and b) a division between modified humans and the people who choose to have kids naturally. and eventually between the earlier and later “models” of genetically modified humans as later on there will be more advancements making them “better” than earlier generations

• Content Count:  1920

Psalm 127:3 -

"Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him."

Creation of a being should not be tampered with. The only way I see this being acceptable in any case is if it were to save the child's life and improve their longevity. Giving a child preferable traits is playing God and is immoral.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1527

with the advancements in technology, the possibility of modifying genes seems closer than ever. is it morally acceptable to modify the genes of a baby before they are born? is there a line that should be drawn? for example, would the removal of certain genes that cause diseases and shit like schizophrenia be more acceptable then modifying genes to make sure your kid has brown hair, green eyes and is at least 6’3.

some of the main issues i see arising with genetic modification is a) the military/elite class trying to produce “superhumans” by inserting genes that make people more athletic, strong, smart etc. and b) a division between modified humans and the people who choose to have kids naturally. and eventually between the earlier and later “models” of genetically modified humans as later on there will be more advancements making them “better” than earlier generations

Yes so ZE players can stop being loli degenerates and JB players can at last become decent human beings

• Like 1

• Content Count:  319

Psalm 127:3 -

"Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from him."

Creation of a being should not be tampered with. The only way I see this being acceptable in any case is if it were to save the child's life and improve their longevity. Giving a child preferable traits is playing God and is immoral.

48a80c7a0e1707d6f85bbc9b1ae801d3.jpg

• Like 8

• Content Count:  3150

Human nature is the product of imperfection, many who have tried to alter this have only made things worse. I'll post more later but that's the short of it .

• Content Count:  4798

The elites are going to need those modified genes, labor re-education camps can be physically demanding.

I definitely see this as a good thing, provided it is accessible to as many people as possible. Whether they choose to accept it or not is their own problem.

Edited by SilentGuns

Reply to Thread