? servers

? players online

Jailbreak hours

• Content Count:  764

I think you should have 5 hours or more to go on ct I think this would eliminate a lot or all of the freekillers and a lot more mature and active players on ct there still might be toxic players but I think this would be a great idea becuause it litteraly eliminates all the freekillers so no more player complaints for jb. I feel this would be a amazing add also have 5 hours just means better enforcing and more respectful ct's please take this suggestion in consideration.

• Content Count:  820

This has been brought up several times. I’m pretty sure @Dominic thinks that 25 minutes is fine (I do to). It gives enough time for a normal person to learn how to play the server, and if someone did have the intention to get banned they would probably go afk for just a long period of time then they already do.

• Like 2
Edited by Kopsta
I do not grammer

• Content Count:  3294

Having an extended period of time wait for CT side wouldn't give you more respectful CT's. The internet will always be a little toxic, making them wait to do something won't turn on the goodness bone in their body. This topic has been discussed heavily, and pushed further and further even by me. However, it eventually came to the (already known) consensus that a longer timer for CT side would drive players away. As I mentioned to you in this thread, CT-side is a learning process for all and even people with 10+ hours on CT still aren't good CT's.

• Like 1
Edited by TheZZL

Having an extended period of time wait for CT side wouldn't give you more respectful CT's. The internet will always be a little toxic, making them wait to do something won't turn on the goodness bone in their body. This topic has been discussed heavily, and pushef further and further even by me. However, it eventually came to the (already known) consensus that a longer timer for CT side would drive players away. As I mentioned to you in this thread, CT-side is a learning process for all and even people with 10+ hours on CT still aren't good CT's.
That is true about respectful players but what I meant is that it will be less toxic then it is now.

• Content Count:  3294

That is true about respectful players but what I meant is that it will be less toxic then it is now.

Having an extended period of time wait for CT side wouldn't give you more respectful CT's. The internet will always be a little toxic, making them wait to do something won't turn on the goodness bone in their body. This topic has been discussed heavily, and pushed further and further even by me. However, it eventually came to the (already known) consensus that a longer timer for CT side would drive players away. As I mentioned to you in this thread, CT-side is a learning process for all and even people with 10+ hours on CT still aren't good CT's.

Ultimately the team had discussed this again and we all came to the conclusion that the lock out is less to stop people from intentionally mass freekilling and more of a stop gap for people who genuinely want to play CT but may not be as familiar with the game mode or specific rules in place for our server. Where we currently have it is where we feel comfortable with it. Thank you for the suggestion!

edit edit wow!

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1920

@Spooked, I can understand where you're coming from on this, but as discussed in many threads before this idea of more time to even be able to play CT would drive players away. Whether people play weeks, days, or even a couple of hours on our servers, having a reasonable cap of 25 minutes gives people a reasonable incentive to play on the server and learn it a little, then going on CT and being able to contribute even more to the good times. Sorry if this comes off as a bit mean or bitter, but quite bluntly, having the time higher won't change a thing about the quality of the CTs. I started playing on this server when I was 13, and I racked up hours easy on JB. Just because I would have enough time to be on the CT team didn't make me any less toxic or immature than I was. There's always going to be toxic and immature people on the servers, and there always has been. @TheZZL explained it very well, and I'm just posting this more or less to give my 2c and maybe provide some closure to the thread. If anyone has further points to make, please do.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1103

If we did make it 5+ hours to join CT, it would drive new players away from the server. I can see where you are getting at, but 5 hours is too long. If we were going to change it, maybe 1-2 hours, so that people have a general idea of the rules on JB. Also, I see like half the time that CT is unpopular to join. From what I can see, most people would rather play on T side than CT side. If we did make the play time 5+ hours we would barely have anyone on CT side. The current time is 25 minutes, its kind of fine where its at right now. I understand the regs don't like new people coming on mass FKing, but what about the new players who generally want to join the community and play regularly? If we bump the time up to something like 5 hours it will drive them away. In stuff like this we need to think about whats best for our regs AND new players and not prioritize one side because both are important.

• Like 1
Edited by Error.

• Content Count:  361

If we did make it 5+ hours to join CT, it would drive new players away from the server. I can see where you are getting at, but 5 hours is too long. Maybe 1-2 hours, somewhere in that range, so that people have a general idea of the rules on JB. Also, I see like half the time that CT is unpopular to join. From what I can see, most people would rather play on T side then CT side. If we did make the play time 5+ hours we would barely have anyone on CT side.

Basically my thoughts on this, it gives new players enough time to get a grasp of the basics. After they get enough time to play ct they will either switch back to T or find that they actually like playing ct and always play CT given the chance. There are far fewer CT mains than T mains, as most newer players tend to like T side more anyways. I don't really see a reason to extend required playtime unless it's to reduce the amount of griefers, but even then you can submit a player complaint or contact an admin.

• Like 2
Edited by Watchman

If we did make it 5+ hours to join CT, it would drive new players away from the server. I can see where you are getting at, but 5 hours is too long. If we were going to change it, maybe 1-2 hours, so that people have a general idea of the rules on JB. Also, I see like half the time that CT is unpopular to join. From what I can see, most people would rather play on T side than CT side. If we did make the play time 5+ hours we would barely have anyone on CT side. The current time is 25 minutes, its kind of fine where its at right now. I understand the regs don't like new people coming on mass FKing, but what about the new players who generally want to join the community and play regularly? If we bump the time up to something like 5 hours it will drive them away. In stuff like this we need to think about whats best for our regs AND new players and not prioritize one side because both are important.
Error that is actualy a great idea I was thinking maybe 5 is to much exactly maybe 1-2 hours ty for your thoughts everyone. Once again I didn't think this had been talked about before @Phoenix_

Reply to Thread