? servers

? players online

CT Autobuff

• Content Count:  1583

This is sort of an outlandish idea, but I think it would be cool to have a plug-in in place that automatically buffs CTs when the ratio goes to shit.

The math behind it would be something along the lines of (# of Ts * .5 * 105)/# of CTs. CTs would be given health based on this at the beginning of the round, and would heal back to the normal 105 hp. This would ensure CTs still have a balance to the Ts in terms of HP, creating a Juggernaut like effect when the ratio gets ridiculous. If the ratio were to be 2:3 or something similar, it would still default back to a minimum of 105 up for CTs.

We seem to have many rounds where the ratio goes to shit and the round is basically a throwaway until the ratio can be fixed and returned to something reasonable. This can often last for many rounds and depopulate the server significantly. Hopefully, a plug-in like this would fix this and even allow for Juggernaut-esque rounds if players wanted to intentionally fuck the ratio to cause this.

In practice for a ratio of 5:20, the plug-in would run 20*.5*105/5, giving each CT a starting HP of 210.

• Content Count:  498

That's a bad idea 105 is already broken as I'm used to doing 100 to kill but when the ct is still alive it just makes the game unfair as the ts barley have good guns they mainly have Glocks, USPS and scouts when you play with such weapons it really gets infuriating to hit them for 100-104 and they won't die. Ik jb is just for fun but this is not something jb needs

• Content Count:  3294

That's a bad idea 105 is already broken as I'm used to doing 100 to kill but when the ct is still alive it just makes the game unfair as the ts barley have good guns they mainly have Glocks, USPS and scouts when you play with such weapons it really gets infuriating to hit them for 100-104 and they won't die. Ik jb is just for fun but this is not something jb needs

Think about the CT side of it, the T's keep winning rounds and no one's switching over to fix the ratio. I think if we made it after three rounds in a row of a skewed ratio and the CT's losing then it takes into effect.

• Content Count:  2342

This is a decent suggestion, but it doesn't really address the root problem of people not wanting to play CT. With servers like ours you have times where there are too many CTs and times where there are too few CTs. It's up to the players to control the ratio and keep it at roughly 1:2 unless an admin is able to step in. Buffing CTs by giving them variable amounts of extra HP wouldn't make much of a difference if the ratio is heavily 1-sided. It's less about the health of the CTs but rather the number of CTs on a team; the more CTs you have the more eyes you have watching over the Ts to close off more opportunities for them to rebel. Having 4 health-buffed CTs against 17 Ts would be far less effective than the regular balance of 7 CTs and 14 Ts because regardless of the extra HP given, you need more CTs to watch secrets and enforce orders in order to be effective.

With that in mind, it would probably be more effective to find a way to encourage people to play CT and keep the ratio balanced. I don't really see this idea as an effective way to balance an unfair ratio.

Edited by fantastic

• Content Count:  272

With that in mind, it would probably be more effective to find a way to encourage people to play CT and keep the ratio balanced. I don't really see this idea as an effective way to balance an unfair ratio.

Do we really need to incentivise people to play CT? Whenever I get on usually in the mornings and stuff the ratio is usually heavily skewed for the CTs. I get on sometimes and see ratios of 9 CTs to 7 Ts. I actually see ratios like this quite often whenever I do get on. I honestly don't think that we need to try and convince players to play CT cause these kids already play it all the time just so they can get their CT rank up even though it literally means nothing. I don't see a need to have even more a reason to play CT for the JB regs.

• Content Count:  2342

Do we really need to incentivise people to play CT? Whenever I get on usually in the mornings and stuff the ratio is usually heavily skewed for the CTs. I get on sometimes and see ratios of 9 CTs to 7 Ts. I actually see ratios like this quite often whenever I do get on. I honestly don't think that we need to try and convince players to play CT cause these kids already play it all the time just so they can get their CT rank up even though it literally means nothing. I don't see a need to have even more a reason to play CT for the JB regs.

Whether the ratio has too many CTs or too few CTs is anecdotal - you can run into both situations. With the semi-recent CT ranks update there are more situations where the ratio is CT-skewed, but this particular suggestion is for when the ratio is T-skewed. Feel free to continue the discussion around CT-skewed ratios over in another thread or perhaps the CT queue thread here.

I think my reply still stands in that in situations where the ratio is T-skewed, we need to find ways to encourage people to fill in that ratio automatically. Whether it be this suggestion of buffing CTs in a disadvantage or another suggestion there has to be balance on both sides of the coin.

• Content Count:  1583

I think my reply still stands in that in situations where the ratio is T-skewed, we need to find ways to encourage people to fill in that ratio automatically. Whether it be this suggestion of buffing CTs in a disadvantage or another suggestion there has to be balance on both sides of the coin.

I don't think there's a great deal that we can do to encourage players to play CT more often, particularly that would negate a T skewed ratio. It's often a landslide effect, where CTs will get shafted for one or two rounds, causing players to leave and compounding this effect until map changes or some sweaty Ts get the balls to switch.

The only way to incentivise players to switch back to CT would be to reduce their chances of getting dunked on, which is why everyone is leaving in the first place. Once again, once ratio returns to normal, this plug-in would have less of an effect.

I think the point ZZL mentioned is worth taking into consideration. It might be worth having an upper limit on the HP or just reducing the multiplier to 100 or 95.

• Content Count:  1799

Currently, we feel like the cons of developing something like this heavily weighs out the need to have this. Having to go through the trouble to develop this plugin, test it, and maintain it throughout the months and possibly years does not equal out to the specific instances where something like this would be helpful. People heavily disliked the CTs having 110 health and I couldn't imagine the distaste this could cause within the population if things got bad.

This isn't something the team will be looking into any further. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless!

• Like 1

Reply to Thread