? servers

? players online

(JB) CT Queue

• Content Count:  1920

I've been thinking this over the past couple of days, and after a little discussion with some, I think it may be good to present this idea.

If we added a CT queue system, I like to think of it as a more advanced CT lock system (that we already have). Its purpose would be to lock people from joining CT if the ratio exceeded 1:2* and place players who wanted to join CT would click on CT in team selection and be placed in a queue. This allows for easier management of ratio both when admins are on and offline, but mainly for when admins aren't online. This also stops the "I joined first" bs on who's switching and not switching.

*- Maps such as VIP and the electrics we may be a little more lenient and MAYBE start the queue after 2:3.

When speaking with @fantastic about this idea, he said to take into mind the help it would bring, the harm it could cause, and if the effort put in would be worth the reward.

SO, in my opinion I think these would be the pros, cons, and if the effort would be worth.

Pros:

- Easier ratio management, especially when admins are offline and players have to hope people are kind enough to switch

- No more "I JOINED FIRST NO U SWITCH" bullshit

- You can queue to join CT and if you're first you don't have to worry about someone else joining before you.

Cons:

- At its onset, the plugin developed, if it were developed, may be buggy and potentially cause issues with people joining CT or queueing until the plugin was ironed out.

Effort vs. Reward:

- This would be fairly time-consuming to develop, but I think potentially can be easier if we use the same principals of the CT lock plugin, but add the whole queue thing. As I am still a novice to sourcepawn, I'm not sure what this would entail. The reward would be moderate I believe, as this is nothing groundbreaking but would be pretty solid in terms of easiness of life on the JB server.

- I can give an attempt at making this in my free time but it would take so much time with both my classes and my job.

- (EDIT) As ZZL said, we could also look at what was done on the queue for retakes, and combine the concepts of the two and see what the product would be.

Please leave thoughts and further suggestions. Cheers.

• Like 1
Edited by Phoenix_
grammar + edit

• Content Count:  3294

Seems like a good idea, however it would take a lot of work. I've never heard of a queue plugin for jailbreak servers, but our retake server has a plugin for joining teams so I don't think it'll be too hard. I'm all for the idea, however it would require tweaking for certain maps that, as you said, need more cts (a 2:3 ratio). On top of that, I feel like there are other things that would be more prioritized than this for Jailbreak.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1103

I feel like this would be a great idea

It will fix the problem of 2:3 and 3:3 ratio when no admins are on. Like ZZL said, maybe have some tweaking for maps like Revamp/Vip which are so heavily T sided so the CTs can still have a chance of winning.

• Content Count:  3294

I feel like this would be a great idea

It will fix the problem of 2:3 and 3:3 ratio when no admins are on. Like ZZL said, maybe have some tweaking for maps like Revamp/Vip which are so heavily T sided so the CTs can still have a chance of winning.

What's wrong with 2:3 ratio, sometimes it's needed when the CT's are having a hard time. (3:3 is just 1:1).

• Content Count:  1103

What's wrong with 2:3 ratio, sometimes it's needed when the CT's are having a hard time. (3:3 is just 1:1).

I meant when the CT side is stacked like 15-25... yes sometimes CTs do need help, but not that much help

Its okay for it to go over a little bit (like 18-30) but not a whole lot

• Content Count:  1952

I really think this is a good idea but on the other hand not because I honesltly think that they should make ct having hours So no

:???: ??????

CT still requires playtime on t side, this is just suggesting that you already had met that requirement.

HERE LET ME REWORD THIS

---- @drippy I'm pretty sure you mean the same thing here VVVV

I really like this idea.

My problem with this is when CT's are losing 1:8 on the scoreboard

My suggestion is to add onto this and make it so if they are losing like this, allow a few more CT's be able to join to help aid them.

Edited by Noxstar

• Content Count:  498

Nah I feel like this is not needed admins can just switch cts if ratio is stacked plugin is unnecessary players have brains and can switch themselves this makes it a game of "I wanna play ct so imma join the queue first"

• Content Count:  1952

this makes it a game of "I wanna play ct so imma join the queue first"

:???: The game now is "I wanna play ct so imma stack ratio" OR "I wanna play ct so imma join ct side"

Adding this plugin reduces that so it doesn't stack the ratio. Playing a game of joining the queue first is fine—nobody is stacking ratio—first come first serve /shrug

• Like 1

Reply to Thread