? servers

? players online

New VIP System

• Content Count:  8

I wish Steam-Gamers had a "lifetime VIP purchase option"

Maybe it could cost more, maybe it could just include fewer benefits compared to people who subscribed. I would much rather pay once than to keep doing recurring payments.

• Content Count:  1987

I wish Steam-Gamers had a "lifetime VIP purchase option"

Maybe it could cost more, maybe it could just include fewer benefits compared to people who subscribed. I would much rather pay once than to keep doing recurring payments.

So what, pay $400 and you get lifetime? Just do the recurring payments because if later in the future you don’t want to pay anymore you can end subscription. SGs income comes from subscriptions too so idk if they’d want a 1 time pay that lasts forever.

• Content Count:  2187

We had a Supporter rank that allowed such a thing to happen waaaay back when. We were able to pay like 20 bucks and we'd have our Supporter benefits forever, iirc. However, it got replaced with Subscriber and eventually added VIP because we realized that allowing people to pay once for a good amount of benefits wouldn't net us as much money as we'd like. Not trying to make us sound like we're a bunch of scammers or thieves or anything like that, but this new subscription service IMO might have saved us from closing our doors here. Had we stuck to the Supporter rank (may that rank rest in peace), I feel like we would have gone to a subscription method sooner or later anyways.

But back to the topic. If we added a Lifetime option for Subscriber or VIP, I feel like we would be doing wrong to those who are on the subscription service right now (if we somehow added a Lifetime option along with our usual "$5/$10 a month" option) due to the fact that we'd be allowing the Lifetime users to pay a higher, one-time fee while the ones who are on the Recurring Payment plan would still have to pay their lower fee of 5/10 dollars a month to keep their benefits and that can add up fast. Do you see what I'm getting at here?

I think if you don't wanna keep paying, then just make a one-time donation at this link with however much you will be pleased with, and they'll give you your benefits based on how much you donated (i.e. donate $10 and you can get either two months of Subscriber or one month of VIP.)

Though I wouldn't mind if we had an occasional event where Subscriber and VIP were half-off. Just thinking off the top of my head...

• Like 1

• Content Count:  8

We had a Supporter rank that allowed such a thing to happen waaaay back when. We were able to pay like 20 bucks and we'd have our Supporter benefits forever, iirc. However, it got replaced with Subscriber and eventually added VIP because we realized that allowing people to pay once for a good amount of benefits wouldn't net us as much money as we'd like. Not trying to make us sound like we're a bunch of scammers or thieves or anything like that, but this new subscription service IMO might have saved us from closing our doors here. Had we stuck to the Supporter rank (may that rank rest in peace), I feel like we would have gone to a subscription method sooner or later anyways.

But back to the topic. If we added a Lifetime option for Subscriber or VIP, I feel like we would be doing wrong to those who are on the subscription service right now (if we somehow added a Lifetime option along with our usual "$5/$10 a month" option) due to the fact that we'd be allowing the Lifetime users to pay a higher, one-time fee while the ones who are on the Recurring Payment plan would still have to pay their lower fee of 5/10 dollars a month to keep their benefits and that can add up fast. Do you see what I'm getting at here?

I think if you don't wanna keep paying, then just make a one-time donation at this link with however much you will be pleased with, and they'll give you your benefits based on how much you donated (i.e. donate $10 and you can get either two months of Subscriber or one month of VIP.)

Though I wouldn't mind if we had an occasional event where Subscriber and VIP were half-off. Just thinking off the top of my head...

I see, thanks man. Glad to understand why you don't have such a system, espcially with how much it takes to keep the server up and how long the server has been online for

• Like 1

Reply to Thread