? servers

? players online

Retakes Molotov Damage

• Content Count:  2342

Stemming off a conversation on TS with @Cept For Her and @Manny -

I strongly feel that the Retakes server should disable friendly fire with the exception of molotovs. Right now there is no team damage, period, but having friendly fire off for molotovs means you can molotov a choke point and your teammates can push through it without repurcussion. This is the same logic that was used to enable friendly fire for molotovs on scrim - retakes was meant to simulate retake scenarios in actual competitive play. Being able to push through your teammates' molotovs is not competitive in the slightest. Please reconsider your stance on this :(.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  697

There are alot of retakes servers out there and I feel that having not team damage at all is a big keynote that most people who play retakes like and prefer. If we really want to hold a population that isn't 100% sg players we should keep it also I think most people would prefer it. For one retakes isn't a 100% comp simulation if it was we would have to make alot of changes that wouldn't make it as fun as it allows for a variety of team work and new strats. Another point is what is the ct going to be doing other than watching for pushes through molly even with this change the ct isn't going to be looking anywheres else other than where they spawn because no one can come from

behind so defending wouldn't be affected by this change. Also it is good practice to those who use 3rd party sites to play competitively.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1799

What Loki said pretty much perfectly sums up how I feel about this. It's not supposed to be 100% true to matchmaking nor do I want to take the server in that direction. Along with all the other negatives that come with turning molly damage on, team damage, throwing, trolling, I don't see the need to change this.

• Content Count:  2579

What Loki said pretty much perfectly sums up how I feel about this. It's not supposed to be 100% true to matchmaking nor do I want to take the server in that direction. Along with all the other negatives that come with turning molly damage on, team damage, throwing, trolling, I don't see the need to change this.

Although some of these arguments could be used at times, enabling FF shouldn't inherently enable trolling, throwing, etc. I think keeping FF off while enabling molly FF would both imitate our scrim server's gamestyle + provide a fairer environment for retakes players, as grenades/spawns are relatively random and throwing mollies in some spots just render some players completely out of some points of entry. I fail to see how the negatives (trolling) outweigh consistency and fairer gameplay.

• Like 3

I'm going to quote over what I said here and put it here as well since it's relevant to the conversation.

I'd also like to state that comparing Scrim and Retakes will not convince me to change anything. Retakes is not for the players of SG, but for the players of Retakes. The same how Jailbreak is for Jailbreak players and TTT is for TTT players and so on with MG, ZE, Surf.. etc. Just because scrim has it one way does not mean Retakes will get it. The direction of the environment of scrim and retakes are not going to be in tandem. They are two different servers, run by different people, with a different goal.

Right now, we've decided to keep all forms of Friendly-Fire off. If we really want to attract players outside of the other SG servers, which we do, then we decided it's best to keep something as important as this to remain consistent with others.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread