? servers

? players online

No freeday in !fo

• Content Count:  1920

What Phoenix wrote is against the rules because you’re ordering the ts to have a freeday after fo.

I think the situation explained in the OP is fine because the change was made because CTs didn't have the ability to revoke the freedays, but at that point they would.

Well according to Dom's quote, it doesn't seem to be against the rules. I could be misreading, but the way he words it the situation I mentioned seems to be fine. I will admit my idea isn't the best, as after reading the points from Manny & Dom, their points make more sense than mine. It makes more sense to tell all Ts to freeze and that they're getting a freeday post !fo, as it will give CTs fair notice in the case that it doesn't get revoked.

I understand you're saying that any decent CT shouldn't have a problem with a random FD being thrown out, but you have to remember not every CT is a decent CT.

• Like 1
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  1799

I’ll throw you a “thanks” because you conclude the thread up nicely, as saying “freeze and then have freeday after fo” is still giving a freeday as an order during fo and is not allowed.

Huh? Where did I say that?

However, Cts don’t need to be “forward with each other because it just complicates things sometimes. If someone gives a freeday randomly, I’ll revoke it and order the T’s to freeze. If it’s at the start of the round you do the same and then just pursue the rebellers. For any decent CT this isn’t hard.

Literally no clue what you're on about... being forward and giving your CT buddies time to react is much better than having very little time to react. For example/ I often say "at x 1:30 all Ts have a freeday" (usually it's about 10-15 seconds before the set time). This allows the CTs who may be in danger already to get out of immediate danger and into a safer position. Which in the end makes the team work better together. When I'm on CT I play for the team, thats the main objective of the gamemode. I don't play for myself or for my K/D, mostly because K/D is of no value in our server as none of that is accurately tracked or presented in obvious places.

On the cooperation note, yes, having cts work together and plan out who’s giving orders next is a relief, but it doesn’t happen enough because of the kind of people we have playing CT. That will never change. Just to add, saying you’re going to give a freeday after fo isn’t cooperation because it’s going to get revoked most of the time. The one time I see this working is when cts are trying to set up a rebelling day ( ts to freeze on fo, send cts to garage/soccer, freeday no garage or soccer).

Regardless if the order is going to get revoked, it's still team-centered communication... which is cooperation between the team. I'd also like to point out that you say that it's a relief for the team to know the intention of the next order but also want to take that bit away from the CTs?? It doesn't happen often but the one time it does you want to take that away from them? We should be building the CTs to work more as a team not individuals.

It’s not like that though. When someone is taking !fo and planning to give a freeday they just say, “(random incell or near incell order) and then after fo I’ll give a freeday.” The example you gave Is still the person giving the freeday as an order and isn’t allowed. They’ll be told to check the rules and eventually find out, but I guess your change can still help to clarify some things.

Also, can you stop saying stuff like this?? I get that it's your interpretation but constantly saying with certainty, when in fact it's very much not, that a rule isn't allowed could have the potential to misguide a ton of players on and off the servers. It's better if you say that you feel like it shouldn't be allowed and then present why you feel that way, but I'm getting tired of seeing you constantly go in threads and say something is one way when nothing has been confirmed or clarified. This goes for everyone as well...

• Like 2
Edited by Manny

• Content Count:  3294

Also, can you stop saying stuff like this?? I get that it's your interpretation but constantly saying with certainty, when in fact it's very much not, that a rule isn't allowed could have the potential to misguide a ton of players on and off the servers. It's better if you say that you feel like it shouldn't be allowed and then present why you feel that way, but I'm getting tired of seeing you constantly go in threads and say something is one way when nothing has been confirmed or clarified. This goes for everyone as well...

I misread @Dominic ‘s post, my bad. Thanks @Phoenix for clearing it up. It’s not clear in the rules that giving an order like that is okay, the rules actually make it seem that that’s not allowed. I hope you can understand my confusion, and I’m sorry for anyone I confused through it.

• Like 2
Edited by TheZZL

• Content Count:  1799

Alright, I'm going to wrap this up.

Refer to my post here: https://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=91724&p=1009729&viewfull=1#post1009729, for the official ruling on this matter.

TL;DR: The order posed in the OP is allowed, since the rule in question fulfills it's purpose, and there is no consideration to change the wording in the rule or disallow freedays until a certain time.

:perfect:

• Like 2

Reply to Thread