? servers

? players online

TTT Dna rework

• Content Count:  169

I've been thinking and I think DNA should be reworked. I had a thought that DNA should fade away over time until it doesn't work 1 minute after the person dies. I think it's stupid you can get DNA from a body that died 3 or 4 minutes ago and still have it work the same as if he just died. This being said, the closer the DNA was collected to the person's death the faster the rings should refresh, before being refreshed every ~12 seconds or so. Being maybe 5 at the earliest. tell me your thoughts on this

• Content Count:  1583

This sounds like a decent idea, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement. DNA is honestly hit or miss sometimes, and I wonder if @Im Sad has any clues as to why it's so spotty.

An idea I had some time ago was to link DNA to the Ts gun, encouraging them to switch guns often to ditch DNA and discouraging using the same A1s all round.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  927

This sounds like a decent idea, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement. DNA is honestly hit or miss sometimes, and I wonder if @Im Sad has any clues as to why it's so spotty.

An idea I had some time ago was to link DNA to the Ts gun, encouraging them to switch guns often to ditch DNA and discouraging using the same A1s all round.

The issue i'd have with that is people can pick up guns randomly throughout the game that other players picked up before and have someone else's name on it. Would the player who picked up the T's weapon be marked with the DNA? That would get that player instantly killed (and their most likely inno/not the actual T who killed someone).

I love the idea of the DNA idea in general. But, it wasn't executed that good. I'm not sure of any ideas that could work (as in being able to be coded, etc) at the moment but I'll definitively be adding as i think of some. (Not this week as i'm on a week vacation with no internet lmao)

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1671

It's spotty because it's on a timer that pings every so often. Can't make it too OP.

For the other idea, that would almost make DNA and detectives completely useless as people can just drop the weapon and get a new one.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1583

It's spotty because it's on a timer that pings every so often. Can't make it too OP.

For the other idea, that would almost make DNA and detectives completely useless as people can just drop the weapon and get a new one.

Is that really all there is to it? It seems that DNA just refuses to show from bodies sometimes even when the killer is still roaming around, no matter how long you wait. Could just be me.

It was just a shot in the dark idea, but if the DNA were to ping rather quickly, it would force Ts to drop their weapon nearly every kill to avoid DNA, and would nerf using the same A1s and AWP the whole round. It would be a far cry from how DNA is traditionally used, but it's just a thought.

DNA could already use a buff as is, just because of how shit most players seem to be at using it effectively. Honestly just needs a slightly more frequent ping rate. I can't count the number of times I've died to DNA this summer on one hand.

Edited by Gentoo

• Content Count:  169

yea, would have to work on the balancing. those times were just off the top of my head but also I don't know what the default one for DNA is anyway.

• Content Count:  1987

DNA has had a complete rework and is a DNA Scanner now. Gives you the name of the killer when you ID the body and only has a certain amount of usages.

Reply to Thread