? servers

? players online

Removal of certain hats

• Content Count:  1920

Hello all,

I've been thinking about this for a while now, and the reason I haven't really posted this thread yet is that I still haven't thought of what type of compensation would be given to those affected and how it would be determined.

I suggest that we remove three hats in particular: "Minecraft", "Astronaut", and "Eyeball". These hats completely obscure the head and many players complain about it making it harder to hit headshots when people wear these hats. I think this should set a standard of disallowing hats that completely obscure the head of a player model. It's a small change, but I feel it could make gameplay better.

The problem is, I can't really think of a proper way of compensating players that spent their hard-earned / purchased credits on these cosmetics. Picking out every player and asking or looking to see who has what cosmetic is far too time-consuming and a hassle, and giving every player a flat amount of credits isn't financially viable, as the server profits off the sale of credits for in-game cosmetics. The only thing I thought of with the slimmest chance of working is putting out a big thread with a google form attached asking for who has what cosmetic and a screenshot of proof. This would cut out the hassle of searching through every player, and if we gave players two weeks or so to fill out the form, the members that would be affected would be able to get their compensation.

Please leave your thoughts and further additions.

Thanks,

Phoenix

• Like 4

• Content Count:  1952

Minecraft hat has been here for a while now and it hasn't caused too much of a problem. It obscures the head but you know where to hit, I haven't heard many people complain about it since it's just been "there". Not sure about the other ones but they seem generally small enough to not cause too much of a problem. Personally I have no problem with them since I never really seen it as a disruption to gameplay. I'll add more input when I'm home

• Content Count:  1583

[ATTACH=CONFIG]20202[/ATTACH]

We get it man, you're broke.

I honestly don't think it makes a huge difference. These hats have been pretty popular for a while now. It doesn't make a noticeable difference to gameplay and takes very little time to get used to aiming for the head beneath the mask.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1654

The same people complaining about hat sizes affecting their game play are the same people who can't hit a head shot when the guy is afk. This would be a lot of work and hassle for the few who always complain and will still complain if this suggestion was fulfilled.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  216

It might not be as noticeable on TTT/JB but on MG its extremely hard to try and hit head shot's while people are bhoping and using the MC head.

• Like 3
Edited by Sully

• Content Count:  1920

While I can see where you're coming from @Phoenix_, in reality not many people are going for headshots on JB/TTT. Removing these hats to cater to an extremely small group of people who actually care about the headshot hitbox being obscured seems unneeded TBH. Good suggestion though.

I can get your point, and I know I'm more of a JB/TTT reg, but the suggestion was meant more for MG. @Sully makes a good point where it can become a pain in the ass on maps where it is headshot only.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1987

The same people complaining about hat sizes affecting their game play are the same people who can't hit a head shot when the guy is afk. This would be a lot of work and hassle for the few who always complain and will still complain if this suggestion was fulfilled.

@Sully

• Like 1

Reply to Thread