Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BoM
    stop staring
    Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Yea, I'll check up on that tomorrow.
    -rep

Gentoo
    Bowlcut Trimmer
    As someone who has been previously permed, it can be very frustrating to feel that your ban/appeal isn't being taken seriously, especially when handled by someone who doesn't even know you. We all like to have a good laugh when someone get dunked in, but I think that memeing on ban appeals should be more cautious than it has been.

I think it would be useful to have some sort of guideline in the CA section so that everyone's on the same page with what content is appropriate and what isn't. Moderation and deleting posts should be fairly conservative in my opinion. Just because someone posts a loosely related meme, it doesn't mean that the whole thread is going to be illegible until that post is deleted. It's a gaming community forum, not some scholastic research hub.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:
    delirium (08-13-2019), Nate S (08-14-2019), Phoenix_ (08-14-2019), TheZZL (08-13-2019), Uno (08-14-2019)

Kieran
    Professional RDMer
    Let people report posts on their own threads if they don't want their threads overly derailed or anything. I, for one, do not care if someone does not post something stupid on one of my threads.

drippy
    SG Professional

I don’t understand why we have to delete any posts to be honest. Everybody is pretty much here for the same reason: we’re here for all a good time and to have fun. I don’t understand why we have to be so strict on just funny things. If there’s actual harassment going then yeah, delete the post and talk about the consequences. If you’re going around putting “+1” on posts just to gain more posts then stop and took a look at yourself because that is the saddest thing I’ve ever heard.

Corona
    Subscriber
    Quote Originally Posted by drippy View Post
    I don’t understand why we have to delete any posts to be honest. Everybody is pretty much here for the same reason: we’re here for all a good time and to have fun. I don’t understand why we have to be so strict on just funny things. If there’s actual harassment going then yeah, delete the post and talk about the consequences. If you’re going around putting “+1” on posts just to gain more posts then stop and took a look at yourself because that is the saddest thing I’ve ever heard.
    Threads are extremely useful for discussions and getting things done. It's a good thing we can keep threads clean of irrelevant posts as to stay on track and not waste time when dealing with issues. There's sections where you can post all the memes you want. Ban appeals should be treated seriously as they can determine what kind of players are on the servers. If you have to post memes on ban appeals then you can't be deleting posts on other threads that are at least somewhat relevant to the topic at hand. That looks to me as extremely hypocritical and unfair to forum users that aren't admins.

TheZZL
    VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona View Post
    Threads are extremely useful for discussions and getting things done. It's a good thing we can keep threads clean of irrelevant posts as to stay on track and not waste time when dealing with issues. There's sections where you can post all the memes you want. Ban appeals should be treated seriously as they can determine what kind of players are on the servers. If you have to post memes on ban appeals then you can't be deleting posts on other threads that are at least somewhat relevant to the topic at hand. That looks to me as extremely hypocritical and unfair to forum users that aren't admins.
    I agree with the first half, but you missed a point above that @Dominic said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic View Post
    For one, CAs can only moderate people below them, they don't have the authority to delete an IA post. If you have a problem with what an IA is posting, you need to go to a BD. Secondly, it can be justified because the post is not related to the thread whatsoever and we have a forum rule for that. Someone higher in the ranks posting a meme doesn't all of a sudden justify shit posting all over the forum, seems like a bit of a weird question honestly.
    The people deleting posts (generally) are different than the people posting memes in ban appeals.