? servers

? players online

(Scrim) Throwback Week

• Content Count:  1920

I think it would be cool if for a week, the scrim server used only the old versions of maps, and have a throwback week.

Maps that should be included:

Old Dust II

Old Cobble

Old Train

Old Inferno

Old Nuke

Old Vertigo

and some older maps that are no longer in the map pool such as:

Italy

Assault

Aztec

Other suggested maps:

Seaside

Office

This would be neat to see how maps have changed or laugh at how some maps were removed for good reason. I feel like this could be a good time for old and new players. Please leave feedback and tell me if I missed any maps that would be good for this!

• Like 6
Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  590

I'm not against the older main maps being added, but I completely disagree with Italy being added. We actually tried playing a scrim on Italy a few months ago, and it was awful. We ended up force-ending about 6 rounds in because it was so boring. On hostage maps, it's extremely slow. I would only add Aztec from the older maps you mentioned because assault is also a hostage map. Maybe we can add seasons and a few other maps?

• Like 2

I'm not against the older main maps being added, but I completely disagree with Italy being added. We actually tried playing a scrim on Italy a few months ago, and it was awful. We ended up force-ending about 6 rounds in because it was so boring. On hostage maps, it's extremely slow. I would only add Aztec from the older maps you mentioned because assault is also a hostage map. Maybe we can add seasons and a few other maps?

I can rock with that. The focus was meant to be on older maps, but we could also maybe bring up some maps that were left in the dust as kinda "meme" games like office, agency, and maybe a few others. I wasn't aware that was done a few months ago as I was gone. Thanks for that, @drippy. I'll strikethrough the ones that aren't Aztec.

EDIT: With further information, I think it would be worth it to give these maps another chance as this instance was several months ago, and chances are this time around it's gonna be with a new crowd of people and go better than before.

Edited by Phoenix_

• Content Count:  1654

I was there when we played that Italy match, in fact I was the admin who made the vote and set it up for all of us. With he combination of players (being both not very entertaining to either team or knowledgeable about the map) I see no reason to take away 2 maps already listed by @Phoenix_ and even more so give the opinion that every hostage map is the same and not even give them a chance based on one bad experience many months ago. Most of these maps (excluding the old map version) I know are on the admin nomination list right now and from what I know don’t need a lot to any effort in putting in the player nomination list.

The last time I had asked Exk to put a few older maps in it it was declined (if I remember correctly I think the reasoning was something about wanting more serious matches? I’m not too sure so @Exk will have to remind me). I know that recently there have been a lot of posts from the managers viewing scrim as an alternative to MM so that it should be more fun and relax intended so I do hope with that same mentality these maps would be added in, including office and some of the other very popular seasonal maps on the admin nomination list right now.

• Like 1
Edited by Greggy G

Dead thread but bump. Now would be a great time to get a bunch of scrims going because of corona-cation.

If not this, CSS scrim would also be dope. A week of the old maps would spice it up for some laughs, give some people nostalgia, and newer players a glimpse into the past of CS:GO.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  168

ummm i dont mind it i guess but trazz would have to do extra work besides his hw he complains about every scrim saying i have to do hw first...

• Content Count:  1987

Was already thinking of doing something similar to this. Depending on how soon I start up the next SGSL then this will be before or after.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread