? servers

? players online

Jump Rope

• Content Count:  3294

Then the CTs should decide on what they want to do. I added onto that post and said that the Ts should also be aware of what's about to happen. Looking back, I actually agree with what @Dominic first said in that...

How would you suggest we combat this issue of "unfairness" because it setting max speed off the bat doesn't go against any of our rules. Surviving on max speed isn't "impossible" to do.

Get on the server with 20+ people trying to survive the deathgame, if they're lucky a few will survive. I suggest combatting this issue would be implementing something sensible that CT's already do, announcing the start of a death game. A new rule would state: CT's MUST announce the start of a death-game, and can not start death-games at the max speed.

I agree with you both ( @drippy and @Manny), so making a rule that keeps it on the same speed yet tells the CT's to announce it would be fair.

@Darnias is there any quick way to get rid of the top speed without having to decompile the map?

Y’all be having this argument but I was thinking about it, how would this rule work? You can’t set it only to max speed? Can I set it to one level before max speed? Can I put it half way then to max speed because I didn’t do it immediately but the players had a warning? I think if we did implement this rule, it would cause a lot of problems. I think we should just leave it up to the CTs and pray that they do make the game fair. If they don’t, well then shame on them.

This wouldn't solve the problem, as drippy said. People would then just use the second highest speed.

• Content Count:  1987

Y’all be having this argument but I was thinking about it, how would this rule work? You can’t set it only to max speed? Can I set it to one level before max speed? Can I put it half way then to max speed because I didn’t do it immediately but the players had a warning? I think if we did implement this rule, it would cause a lot of problems. I think we should just leave it up to the CTs and pray that they do make the game fair. If they don’t, well then shame on them.

Only thing I find that can work is if they warn them that they’re starting st max speed like how they have to earn when starting.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  272

It gives the Ts a chance to live because every time I have seen it happen there are always Ts alive at the end. Also, there are plenty of other deathgames that can result in the game killing Ts to below 4 alive. It happens on colors and other luck based deathgames like four corners. I don't see a problem with this other than it being toxic. It also speeds the rounds up so even when the Ts die the round ends faster since the LRs can start so fast.

It gives the Ts a chance to live because every time I have seen it happen there are always Ts alive at the end. Also, there are plenty of other deathgames that can result in the game killing Ts to below 4 alive. It happens on colors and other luck based deathgames like four corners. I don't see a problem with this other than it being toxic. It also speeds the rounds up so even when the Ts die the round ends faster since the LRs can start so fast.

Jumprope is a semi-skilled game. Putting it on max speed turns it into Luck, there's a small chance someone will survive from it. Most forced deathgames aren't supposed to be luck-based, you should be able to win if you know what you're doing (Minus four-corners, hot potato, etc.).

• Content Count:  1654

I think that some of you guys are taking this particular situation to an extreme, as if this happens every map with this particular death game, round after round. Ever since JB allowed forced death games people have played and forced Jump Rope at top speed but apparently its becoming a problem now? I wasn't on the server the day this situation occurred to an extent where two regulars felt they had to make threads discussing this situation but I think people have started expressing solutions to the wrong issue here. From what I can tell by posts from those who were on the server, it seems like multiple rounds in a row CT's are forcing Jump Rope. I don't know exactly how much these CT's forced the death game but with this many people complaining I believe the issue is that another rule isn't being enforced/followed

• CTs must give reasonable orders and shouldn't repeat the same orders often.
Thanks for finding it eXtr3m3

I don't believe anyone would be complaining if this had happened once every few rounds, even two round in a row max. So seeing this amount of frustration with this situation I do believe the real issue is lack of enforcement of this rule and that regulars should be more aware and should enforce it to other players if you see it occur. While there isn't a specific amount of rounds as considered "shouldn't repeat the same orders often" I would generally put this as more then 2 rounds of the same order would fall under this rule.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  64

I think this is extremely stupid. There should be no way this is aloud, it has one point kill all the ts. It is not how the death game is meant to be played. Its not fun, it is a total asshole move. Its not even a death game at that point, you just have no chance of survival. The only people who live are the ones who happen to be jumping at that moment, everyone else has no chance of survival. I don't have a solution for the wording of said rule, besides don't be a dipshit trying to cause trouble.

Reply to Thread