? servers

? players online

Jump Rope

• Content Count:  346

So recently a lot of people have been forcing Jump Rope, but they are just setting it to the max speed right off the start which is just killing mostly everyone very quickly. They said it's allowed while I said it wasn't because it doesn't give them a chance to live. There response to that was that it is fair because they just need to jump :/. I also thought that the ct's are technically interfering because jump rope isn't meant to be played like that.

The FAQ says " The map made death-game must give the Ts a chance to live," and "CT's must allow the map death-game to function as intended and must not interfere at all."

• Like 1

• Content Count:  272

If it's on the map then it's an intended way for the death game to work. I don't see a problem with it or how it could be against the rules. It's just toxic.

• Content Count:  3294

For a lot of deathgames it's required for the CT's to "interfere" to start it/stop it. Starting Jump rope at max speed is freekilling, because it doesn't give the T's a chance to win. On top of that, you have to tell them before you start the deathgame. As a CT you should start it at the lowest speed, and gradually work your way up.

If they jump at the right time, they’ll live. I know I do that a lot and it’s a real dick move, but someone always survives. If they can, the others can too.

If you start it without telling them, then they'll never beable to "jump at the right time".

• Like 1

• Content Count:  331

Starting Jump rope at max speed is freekilling, because it doesn't give the T's a chance to win. On top of that, you have to tell them before you start the deathgame. As a CT you should start it at the lowest speed, and gradually work your way up.

Just checked the rules and didn't see this one listed there. Can you link where you pulled this from?

• Content Count:  1920

After looking through the rules discussion sub-forum over the last year for jailbreak-related discussions, the only thing I found that would even maybe relate to this was a discussion on if CTs had to warn Ts if they were starting a death game. In the end, Fuze basically called it a "grey area" of the rules and will be discussed soon.

Point being, death games seem to have a big "grey area" surrounding them.

Directly from the rules: "CTs must allow the map death-game to function as intended and must not interfere at all." By definition the CTs ARE are allowing the death game to work as intended, as there was a setting intended to go that fast. I think CTs starting jump rope on the highest speed on maps like spy vs spy, clouds, etc. is a massive dick move, but it is allowed by the rules, albeit by a grey area.

I personally think there should be some sort of rule that requires CTs to start on the slowest speed and be able to increase speed every 5 seconds until it hits maximum speed, or the 45 seconds for the death game have elapsed. The CTs who abuse this (not naming names, but they know who they are) are cheesing the system by doing this and I don't really think it's fair to the Ts. Until a proper rule is or isn't set up, just be prepared to jump ASAP, I guess.

• Like 3
Edited by Phoenix_
Now with more pertinence!

• Content Count:  1654

For a lot of deathgames it's required for the CT's to "interfere" to start it/stop it. Starting Jump rope at max speed is freekilling, because it doesn't give the T's a chance to win.

While I agree with the sentiment it is a complete dick move to start jump rope at max speed, I have never read or heard any of the AT's state that this is free killing because it still technically considered the game mode mechanic killing them, its just a choice for the CT's to decide the difficulty on the game mode that the T's will be playing on.

On top of that, you have to tell them before you start the deathgame. As a CT you should start it at the lowest speed, and gradually work your way up.

If you start it without telling them, then they'll never beable to "jump at the right time".

While I agree with the way you describe how the game mode should be played out, again, this isn't stated anywhere that specific game modes with their own speeds/difficulties should start or be played out a specific way. Also no one mentioned starting the death game without announcing it so I don't understand why bring this up.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  5674

Yeah it would make no sense saying "setting it to the max speed immediately is freekilling". It most definitely isn't with how our current rules are worded. You guys can argue that it's not how it should be, but saying that's how it is already is just wrong.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  5674

@Manny made an argument against what I had said here and honestly I understand the line of thinking when someone says this isn't allowed. I still disagree with it just because I don't personally view that as an interference but I'd be interested to see different arguments for or against allowing it.

Please discuss. :love:

Reply to Thread