? servers

? players online

Introducing CT Ranks!

• Content Count:  53

pretty sure theres a bug with the timer because "Kuri" went from not even being on the top 5 to being 1st place by over 30 minutes. this doesn't seem like a big deal but me and tweedle have been grinding all day for hours to get our spots on the top 5 and he just joined and got #1...

the real order before Kuri joined was:

1. tweedle

2. jahson

3. SpotLight Uh

4. fadedacr

5. Daddy

his steamid is STEAM_1:0:220868643

• Like 1
Edited by Andy Dufresne

just wanted to update that it happened again with tim this time when he joined the game, he went from not being on the leaderboard at all to being 3rd place above me even though i was on the entire time

https://steamcommunity.com/id/fadedacr/screenshot/780731574849961779

edit: and jahson hasn't been on all day so its not showing only the people that are online at the moment

• Like 1
Edited by Andy Dufresne
added thingy

• Content Count:  641

pretty sure theres a bug with the timer because "Kuri" went from not even being on the top 5 to being 1st place by over 30 minutes. this doesn't seem like a big deal but me and tweedle have been grinding all day for hours to get our spots on the top 5 and he just joined and got #1...

Thank you for your feedback. I will take a look into this, and hopefully get an answer soon. Please note that it's a very new plugin, so please bear with the bugs, and don't overexert yourself to rank up while the plugin goes through its foundation trials lol.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but it is possible that we may reset everyone's playtime if we find bugs that give players an advantage or disadvantage in ranking up (I am not sure if that is my decision though, maybe a JB rep can comment on this). Sincerest apologies if you've already dumped countless hours.

Testing a "playtime"-based plugin is difficult, because I obviously cannot standby and play as a CT for 12+ hours. Everyone is essentially a guinea pig for real-time testing, and your feedback will help us hone the plugin into a working rank system :).

EDIT: After talking a bit with tweedle, it sounds like the playtime calculation is working just fine, and it's a just a leaderboard issue. It does not sound like a reset will be necessary at this moment.

EDIT 2: After playing CT for a bit, my playtime somehow jumped from ~15 mins to ~150 mins. Definitely might need to reset. I will need to investigate what's going on. The playtime seems to work up until maps are changed, but it's hard to tell if that's part of the reason.

• Like 4
Edited by IntenseFajita

the bug just happened to me last round. i played earlier and was around 400 minutes. i just joined and after checking the !cttop i was up to 940 minutes. i played probably 4-5 rounds as a terrorist and spammed the ct join button but it was full because of ratio so maybe that has something to do with it??

• Like 1

• Content Count:  331

Been trying to get a hold of you Fajita.

Definitely something wrong with the leaderboard. Tim will attest, we’d been grinding out all morning when all of a sudden a player by the name of MostPalone pops up to number 1. Given that I had never seen the name before, I did a little research and found that his overall connection time is around 10 hours. Why this is odd? Because he had 900+ minutes. 900 minutes/60 minutes=15 Hours. Something ain’t adding up, chief.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  641

I honestly can't immediately find a reason why this is happening. It's so random as well. The timer will work perfectly fine for several maps, and then suddenly you will see a jump. It's just not making sense at first glance. I will keep looking into it, but for now - just enjoy the game, cuz I imagine we will reset.

Did people at least rank up to Sergeant after hitting 720+ minutes?

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.