? servers

? players online

Catwalks

• Content Count:  701

https://imgur.com/hhikScz

Alot of people are arguing that the catwalk in pool on razor and revamp isn't actually a catwalk because of what the rules say about a catwalk. Even though the rules say that if its not directly connected to armory its not a catwalk, all the Staff that i have talked to say its a catwalk. I think this rule should be changed/worded differently because its not connected directly to armory but its a catwalk.

• Content Count:  449

I was on the server when this "argument" was brought up by a certain individual. The main idea behind this person's argument is that you are not allowed to refer to something for example, "pool catwalk" on razor as an actually catwalk due to the definition of said catwalk in the rules.

Brought this up to the JB team and we unanimously agreed that you should not change your vocabulary because of a definition.

• Like 4

• Content Count:  716

I was on the server when this "argument" was brought up by a certain individual. The main idea behind this person's argument is that you are not allowed to refer to something for example, "pool catwalk" on razor as an actually catwalk due to the definition of said catwalk in the rules.

Brought this up to the JB team and we unanimously agreed that you should not change your vocabulary because of a definition.

For future reference call it what you want (obviously something logical and something everyone understands) but KOS only if it leads to armoury other than that it'll be always warning shot if told not to be on catwalk or not.

• Content Count:  16

Military, the definition isn't the dictionary definition but the server !rules definition. I feel as though the wording should be changed because this is the wording, "If something looks like a catwalk, but doesn't connect to the armory, then it isn't one." It literally says it isn't a catwalk unless connected to armory. I've expressed this before and any normal player who looks at the rules will take them literally, such the word rules. You can change it to, "If something looks like a catwalk, but doesn't connect to armory, then refer to the area it is in rather then just plainly catwalk." or any other version of that which makes it clear to players that you CAN refer to it as a catwalk, just not simply "catwalk," as it's caused confusion before. If all admins agree that you can call areas catwalk, you should probably change the rules to how you guys want the rule to be.

• Content Count:  1799

Military, the definition isn't the dictionary definition but the server !rules definition. I feel as though the wording should be changed because this is the wording, "If something looks like a catwalk, but doesn't connect to the armory, then it isn't one." It literally says it isn't a catwalk unless connected to armory. I've expressed this before and any normal player who looks at the rules will take them literally, such the word rules. You can change it to, "If something looks like a catwalk, but doesn't connect to armory, then refer to the area it is in rather then just plainly catwalk." or any other version of that which makes it clear to players that you CAN refer to it as a catwalk, just not simply "catwalk," as it's caused confusion before. If all admins agree that you can call areas catwalk, you should probably change the rules to how you guys want the rule to be.

We hear ya, so we've decided to change up the wording of the definition a bit.

The new definition is as it reads:

KOS Catwalks - KOS Catwalks are defined as solid walking platforms that only connect directly to the armory.

Not much has changed, but we felt like we should be more specific when discussing certain catwalks and those that are KOS and those that are not. So you can still call pool catwalk a catwalk while being assured that it's not KOS :thumb:

• Like 2

Reply to Thread