? servers

? players online

(TTT) Detectives spawning with a taser?

• Content Count:  927

I understand how powerful the taser is. Allowing to detect who's an innocent/traitor anytime you can SUCCESSFULLY land it is insane. But, when you miss/don't have credits, i find the detective to be pretty useless. I'm not 100% sure how credits are received, (Killing T's i suppose, but assisting also?) but when I play detective, I sometimes have a decent period of time where I have no credits. Thats no healing station, armor, etc. being able to be bought because I'm using them on tasers. Do I just have to sacrifice those things? Of course that's the point, but in I mean in the long run.

Allowing them to spawn with a taser will allow for that credit to be used for something else. It can even be a special one that makes you have a cooldown from shooting another one? (that cooldown goes away after you shoot 1 possibly?)

Please give thoughts/concerns!

I think the current system in place is fine as it is. You should use your credits wisely.

I'm totally fine with it being like this. I just thought of an idea that could possibly be discussed. ;)

• Content Count:  1952

I disagree, I think a detective is just an innocent with perks. If you can't buy anything you're like everyone else. You're not a 1 man army (most of the time) where you should, as John said, use your credits wisely. Allowing detectives to spawn with a taser will make it so some people will just get tazed off spawn and get killed within 5 seconds of the round which nobody likes. Of course it still happens if a detective buys a taser but it wastes their credit and it's not a freebie.

Nah because then it makes it easier for Detectives to get armor instead of making the decision to buy a taser or save for armor.

I guess that would be pretty broken. But you still gotta wait for 2 credits anyway.

I disagree, I think a detective is just an innocent with perks. If you can't buy anything you're like everyone else. You're not a 1 man army (most of the time) where you should, as John said, use your credits wisely. Allowing detectives to spawn with a taser will make it so some people will just get tazed off spawn and get killed within 5 seconds of the round which nobody likes. Of course it still happens if a detective buys a taser but it wastes their credit and it's not a freebie.

True. People still get killed off of spawn though XD. You just dont gotta do the !m command in chat first.

• Content Count:  2342

To add on to the above points (specifically what @John said about credit management), a detective is far from useless without a taser. DNA points out who killed who and is almost (if not equally) as effective as a taser. Not only that, but this taser suggestion is only for the beginning of the round. Detectives gain credits if any traitor on the map is killed (1 credit per traitor killed by anyone).

As a sidenote: if detectives are truly "useless" without tasers, this would only help with the beginning of the round until that initial taser is used. If you're finding you're out of credits mid-round, try IDing some bodies and finding more traitors :)

• Like 1

To add on to the above points (specifically what @John said about credit management), a detective is far from useless without a taser. DNA points out who killed who and is almost (if not equally) as effective as a taser. Not only that, but this taser suggestion is only for the beginning of the round. Detectives gain credits if any traitor on the map is killed (1 credit per traitor killed by anyone).

As a sidenote: if detectives are truly "useless" without tasers, this would only help with the beginning of the round until that initial taser is used. If you're finding you're out of credits mid-round, try IDing some bodies and finding more traitors :)

girl pls. You know i be killing all them traitors. ;)

all serious, i didnt know that its whenever a traitor is killed. And Im not saying Detective is useless in general (I meant in my cases), I just thought that it felt like it was just a normal innocent at times.

Edited by Chad

• Content Count:  2342

girl pls. You know i be killing all them traitors. ;)

all serious, i didnt know that its whenever a traitor is killed. I was also thinking it could of been on a timer. I never asked the question. And Im not saying Detective is useless, I just thought that it felt like it was just a normal innocent at times.

And that's the point, right? Detectives were never meant to be an equal to traitors AFAIK. Innocents and detectives work together to determine who the traitors are. If you feel like you're an innocent sometimes that's part of the gamemode IMHO - the uncertainty of who to trust and who not to trust is what makes the gamemode fun and risky.

Reply to Thread