Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Infinityward
    I am a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdcoll View Post
    Although you skip the bit where theirs a pretty clear political objective by the El Paso killer, who drove that far to purposefully kill hispanics, whilst putting out a alt-right statement for his killings, and spelling out Trump's name with his guns...

But sure, keep believing politics wasn't an issue here...
    I just don't believe its the right time to be discussing politics 1 day after it happened.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Infinityward For This Useful Post:
    Poke (08-05-2019)

Infinityward
    I am a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by frosty View Post
    When is the right time? No doubt this will be forgotten about like the rest, if mass shooting at schools are forgotten then unfortunately these will be as well, nothing will change and the cycle continues.
    The right time is definitely not 1 day after the shooting. Give people time to grieve.
    Hell students stormed out of the Colorado vigil because their politicians were forcing their gun control agendas down their throats less than 3 days after their classmate was gunned downed by a psychopathic maniac.

Bdcoll
    Honorable Gamer
    Fortunately in our European nanny states we dont run the risk of being shot for simply going to the shops or going to school...

Quote Originally Posted by Infinityward View Post
    The right time is definitely not 1 day after the shooting. Give people time to grieve.
    Hell students stormed out of the Colorado vigil because their politicians were forcing their gun control agendas down their throats less than 3 days after their classmate was gunned downed by a psychopathic maniac.

And look what happened there, still no gun control, still mass shootings, still fuck all happening to stop it. Its almost as if Americans are happy with mass shootings happening every week in their country...

Infinityward
    I am a menace.

Quote Originally Posted by Bdcoll View Post
    Fortunately in our European nanny states we dont run the risk of being shot for simply going to the shops or going to school...

And look what happened there, still no gun control, still mass shootings, still fuck all happening to stop it. Its almost as if Americans are happy with mass shootings happening every week in their country...
    What kind of gun control would have stopped this?

nesquik
    lets go
    Can we not make this a stupid ass argument between gun laws and how apparently europe is the king since they are somehow better at keeping these "constant shootings" from happening? How is this even an argument? Almost 40 lives were lost today and all you can do is argue about terrorism? The average european country has like a population of 30 million, and the US is 10x that. I'm sure if it was all proportionate or whatever you'd see the same thing pop in the EU news. Things happen, and everything moves fast, stop trying to abuse a tragedy to apparently get the upper hand in an internet argument.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nesquik For This Useful Post:
    Infinityward (08-05-2019), Poke (08-05-2019)

CIU
    SG Player
    I think it is silly to say it is too soon to discuss politics relating to gun violence. Personally, I am pro-gun, and I don't think the solution is knee jerk reactionary policy, but dialogue should be opened about gun violence, gun culture, mental health, and especially the rise of radical right terrorism. I think we can all agree its pretty insane that the US is still the only developed country where this is regularly occurring (even when you adjust for population).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to CIU For This Useful Post:
    BoM (08-05-2019)

Frostbitten
    GRIND TIME PRIME TIME
    In relation to the incident, looks like Cloudflare isn't hosting 8chan anymore.

I haven't looked into the guy's manifesto to see what it all boils down into, but from what I'm hearing this is supposedly "an attack on the Hispanic invasion in Texas." It's uncomfortable hearing about this, especially since I have an uncle from El Salvador trying to pass through the Mexico-US border (legally, of course.) Really sad to see this happen since we just had the Garlic Festival shooting and the Dayton shooting happen in like less than a week. I'm hoping change will happen, however it's probably not gonna happen soon enough.

bat
    Remnant of a Demon

I'd say maybe its time to sort out your gun laws, but lets be honest, nothing is going to happen, and this will keep on going, and going, and going, and going...
    Still stuck in the 17th century, like your gun laws.
    Quick to point the fingers, but just as quick to sweep your terrorist knife attack problems under the rug. Why don't you guys fix your own problems before trying to solve ours.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bat For This Useful Post:
    John (08-05-2019)

Gentoo
    Bowlcut Trimmer
    Not too long ago, nutjobs like this would target politicians or the source of their problems in order to get their message across. Then they realized it was much easier and safer to attack innocent, unarmed civilians and let the media get their message across for them..

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:
    John (08-05-2019)

frosty

Quote Originally Posted by bat View Post
    Quick to point the fingers, but just as quick to sweep your terrorist knife attack problems under the rug. Why don't you guys fix your own problems before trying to solve ours.
    Point the finger at what exactly? Being against massacres is a good thing for everyone.

and comparing the what?.. ten terror attacks in the past 15 years in the UK to the 200+ attacks in the US this year alone? We have taken steps to fix our issues, what has the US done about gun control & right wing terrorism?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to frosty For This Useful Post:
    CIU (08-05-2019)